More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
- 1 RE: File:Livonia_in_1534_(Engilsh).PNG
- 2 Re: File:Map of Poland and Lithuania after the Union of Lublin (1569).svg
- 3 Re: File:Guerra Civil Española.svg
- 4 Quality Image Promotion
- 5 File:F-22 Raptor edit1.jpg (answer)
- 6 Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
- 7 Re: Manuel Azaña
- 8 Map of the Battle of the Somme, 1916.svg
I think that there should be no problem with this pictures' licence. As for the factual source, I mostly used a historical map from Leonid Arbusow's "Grundriss der Geschichte Liv-, Est- und Kurlands", which different editions are from years 1892-1918. However, in the article Livonian War, I can see some factual mistakes derived from books written by historians who probably don't know the actual course of events in Livonia, as they have not read the primary sources. So, I think that those mistakes should be corrected, before one can elect this article as "featured". Athanasius Soter (talk) 10:37, 5 April 2011 (UTC)
Hello Grandiose. I don't know what the problem is with that file, I was hoping that in a couple of days the problem would go away, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Do you think you could try to upload the latest version? Maybe it'll work then. If not, I will revert to the previous version. Thanks, tyk (talk) 09:48, 15 May 2011 (UTC)
Quality Image Promotion
Congratulations! Map of Poland and Lithuania after the Union of Lublin (1569).svg, which was produced by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status.
If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
File:F-22 Raptor edit1.jpg (answer)
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
Re: Manuel Azaña
Map of the Battle of the Somme, 1916.svg
Hi, Grandiose, nice illustration - I very much appreciate that kind of work - Just today I came across Aisne_Front_1917.jpg - Just terrible those kinds of pictures! I'm inclined to contribute some SVGs myself some day, just haven't bothered to learn about that whole "Commons" business yet...
Anyway, you might want to correct that Courcelette is spelled with only one l, that according to Openstreetmap it's Foucaucourt, and not Foucoucourt, and maybe you'd like to write Rosières with an accent grave and Péronne with an accent aigu. --BjKa (talk) 08:42, 7 July 2016 (UTC)
- Fixed it
- Please integrate it as an update to your file as you see fit. I have no idea how that whole picture management business works. I'm glad I made it as far as this. --BjKa (talk) 11:44, 21 July 2016 (UTC)