National Libary of Ireland
TUSC token 89977c682c21cebd8b7112880582a966
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
Hi there mate, I see that you are currently removing categories from some of my recent Flickr uploads. Of course, they should be removed, but I am doing mass cleanup of these uploads, and moving them to proper categories in bulk. Just letting you know, in case you want to take a break from that. Cheers, russavia (talk) 12:50, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. Thanks for the heads-up. It's not that I was "removing" them as such; but moving any of the more obvious ones that should possibly be better located in subcats. I will take a break and you can let me know when you're done and if you need any final help with clean-up. Guliolopez (talk) 12:55, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- No worries mate. If you look at Special:Contributions/Russavia I am cleaning the Cobh images up in bulk -- takes 2 minutes with VisualFileChange, which is now my favourite tool on the project :) russavia (talk) 12:59, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Just in case my contribs don't make sense when you look, this is probably a better way of showing those Cobh images, as an example. russavia (talk) 13:07, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks. The recategorisation (and relabelling) of the Cobh images looks good. Great job. I must investigate the VisualFileChange script. (I started using HotCat to more discretely categorise the new content added to the parent Ireland cat. But I quickly spotted how many new files had been added, and moved to cat-a-lot instead. I have used CommonsCommander in the past, but don't find it reliable for bulk changes). I was going to start moving some content to Category:Cork City Gaol, but will hold pending your exercise (and will take a look at VisualFileChange in the meantime). Guliolopez (talk) 13:34, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Hi mate, I am still cleaning up uploads (it's a labour of love lol), and I came across some "Camden Quay" photos. I have placed them also into Category:Camden Quay. Are you familiar with Cork? If so, perhaps you might be able to suggest categories that this can be placed under? Aside from simply Category:Cork that is :) russavia (talk) 04:51, 27 June 2013 (UTC)
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- ⧼Wikibase-terms/Guliolopez⧽: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. INeverCry 01:29, 17 March 2014 (UTC)