Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:RioRancheria.JPG was uncategorized on 15 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:RiohachaCorregimientosCamarones.svg was uncategorized on 17 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:LaGuajiraMunicipios.svg was uncategorized on 17 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:PlanoCamarones.svg was uncategorized on 18 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:44, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Bajiplaniciaguajira.svg was uncategorized on 18 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:44, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:EscudoUniguajira.svg was uncategorized on 19 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
It has come to our attention that you have uploaded several files that are copyright violations. You have done so despite requests from editors not to do so, and despite their instructions. See Commons:Licensing for the copyright policy on Wikimedia Commons. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules by subject matter useful.
This is your last warning. Continuing to upload copyright violations will result in your account being blocked. Please leave me a message if you have further questions.