More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:National Portrait Gallery (Australia) front approach.JPG is uncategorized since 8 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:54, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Stubaital from Huhnerspiel.jpg is uncategorized since 31 May 2009.
Iron ore map
My map making skills are poor, to say the most, but I wasn't able so far to recruit someone to make us a proper one! I will take up your suggestion and make the writing larger. Its been created in Paint, with size 14 for the letters, what size do you think would be appropriate to make it more readable? Calistemon (talk) 06:10, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 10:45, 9 October 2012 (UTC)
|Hello, Hamiltonstone. You have new messages at Commons:Village pump/Copyright#Issue from a 9 October discussion, and relating to Australian FoP.
- Just wanted to let you know that, at the suggestion of another editor, I've moved the discussion to a more appropriate page. — Cheers, JackLee –talk– 14:10, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
|File:Steve Dodd Korea portrait.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.