User talk:Hans Dunkelberg
Hi there. You recently uploaded the file File:Maxim Chernodub.jpg and marked it as CC-BY-3.0. It's sourced to the URL , but the source URL's "parent page"  seems to say nothing about licensing. Please elaborate? Thanks, --KFP (talk) 00:45, 13 June 2011 (UTC)
- I have agreed that with Mr. Maxim Chernodub. He is a member of the Laboratoire de mathématiques et physique théorique, which runs that parent page. He has suggested the use of the image within the Wikipedia article on him. I have suggested to him that I would designate him as the author of the image, and he has not contradicted that, asking me to decide on the license. --Hans Dunkelberg (talk) 16:54, 13 June 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Hans Dunkelberg!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Mary Voytek, from USGS.gov.jpg was uncategorized on 12 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:05, 13 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Mary Voytek. Image from Usgs.gov website. File name is MAV2. Crop.jpg was uncategorized on 12 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:05, 13 November 2011 (UTC)
|File:In front of tree.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.