User talk:Hans Erren
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
- 1 Tip: Categorizing images
- 2 source and license
- 3 Source of derivative work is not properly indicated: File:Languages Benelux.png
- 4 Ripuarisch.png
- 5 TUSC token f6e03e95d354ff979dcb8c038488fdec
- 6 File:Votive inscription thermae coriovallum.jpg
- 7 File:Huddesteen eenhoornsluis.jpg
- 8 Autopatrol given
- 9 File:Vertical_references_in_Europe.svg
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Hans Erren!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:58, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Ruitermasker matilo.jpg was uncategorized on 21 August 2009.
- Image:Romeinse Mijlpaal Rijswijk 2005.jpg was uncategorized on 21 August 2009.
- Image:Romeinse Mijlpaal Rijswijk 1963.jpg was uncategorized on 21 August 2009.
- Image:Nederzetting Cananefaten Tubasingel Rijswijk.jpg was uncategorized on 22 August 2009.
- Image:RevueBelgevol1.png was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:56, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
source and license
Hello, some of the pictures you have uploaded recently has been marked for delitiion because they lack important information. If you are the author you can add them.--Avron (talk) 08:27, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
Source of derivative work is not properly indicated: File:Languages Benelux.png
|This media may be deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Languages Benelux.png, is a derivative work, containing an "image within an image". Examples of such works would include a photograph of a sculpture, a scan of a magazine cover, or a map that has been altered from the original. In each of these cases, the rights of the creator of the original must be considered, as well as those of the creator of the derivative work.
While the description page states who made this derivative work, it currently doesn't specify who created the original work, so the overall copyright status is unclear. If you did not create the original work depicted in this image, you will need to specify the owner of the copyright.
Please edit the file description and add the missing information, or the file may be deleted. If you created the original content yourself, enter this information as the source. If someone else created the content, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
- The file has the tag
|This work has been released into the public domain by its author, Gruna_1 at the English Wikipedia project. This applies worldwide.
In case this is not legally possible:
22.214.171.124 12:37, 1 January 2011 (UTC)
Zur der Karte Ripuarisch.png habe ich zwei Frage, die Du vielleicht beantworten kannst:
- Was ist das grün markierte Gebiet? Ich vermute unbewohnt, Naturschutzgbiet und offiziell französichsprachig.
- Im Artikel de:Ripuarische Dialektgruppe steht etwas von der Region Ahrweiler und der Umgebung von Brohl, die ripuarisch sprächen, und ich kann das für Ahrweiler nach meinem unmaßgeblichen Ohrenschein als Tourist wohl bestätigen. Auf der Karte erscheint aber die Landesgrenze in dem Gebiet als Sprachgrenze, oder interpretiere ich die Karte fehl?
Ther are two questions about the map Ripuarisch.png which you might be able to answr:
- The article de:Ripuarische Dialektgruppe states that in the region of Ahrweiler and in the vincinity of Brohl, they were speaking Ripuarian. As a traveler, my acoustic impression is backing the first. Yet the map shows the federal state border as the language border. How that? Am I misinterpreting the map?
- What about the green area in the map? I assume, it's uninhabitated, natural reservere, and officially speaking french.
Gruen is unbewohnt/wald, also de facto sprachenlos. Hier  ist meine quelle fuer das Ripuarisch,Wie man sieht is Ahrweiler hier nicht ripuarisch angedeutet. Hans Erren (talk) 20:35, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
TUSC token f6e03e95d354ff979dcb8c038488fdec
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Hello, I don't know the language is the best to talk to you...(french for me, but english is ok)... Would you mind if I touch it up and add a black background so as to not see the reflection on the window, like I do with my own imports, or as I did for a pic made by DerHexer (File:Römermuseum Osterburken (DerHexer) 2012-09-30 091.jpg) ? You can answer here if you like, I follow this page. Nonopoly (talk) 10:33, 10 December 2012 (UTC)
|File:Huddesteen eenhoornsluis.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added may soon be deleted. If you believe this file is not a copyright violation, please explain why on the file's talk page.
- Hi, all my fault. I loved that pic and used it on Amsterdamer Pegel. Later I found your pic shown on http://normaalamsterdamspeil.nl/wp-content/uploads/Huddesteen_eenhoornsluis-276x300.jpg and there ( http://www.normaalamsterdamspeil.nl/ ) marked Copyright 2013, Stichting Normaal Amsterdams Peil. I started an investigation here, which went totally wrong. After a complain your pic is now back online. Thanks for your work and sorry for the trouble. Feel free to sue Stichting Normaal Amsterdams Peil. --Rknbg (talk) 18:16, 1 June 2013 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. INeverCry 23:05, 18 December 2013 (UTC)