hmwith's talk page
Welcome to the Commons, Hmwith!
I reverted your new cropped upload because the original is useful for other reasons as I explained during the deletion request linked to this picture. If you wish to use a cropped version please upload it under a new name and mention the original one in the section "other versions". Thanks for your comprehension. --TwoWings * to talk or not to talk... 14:52, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
- What do you mean? Your contribution history shows you cropped and re-uploaded several pictures! Do you mean your account had been hacked? If it's the case you might try here for help. --TwoWings * to talk or not to talk... 22:59, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
Hi Hmwith, if you start cropping images (I'm especially referring to the bodmod pictures), could you upload them under a different name. The reason is, that for other purposes the original is still wanted but unusable if you upload the cropped version under the same name. So if you crop the next image, could you use a different name. Thanks. --Lamilli 22:33, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
- I only do it to make the images better. Why would anyone want a picture of the piercing that includes random hands & is off center? Hmwith 22:50, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
- You can't decide that alone. If you think it would be better upload them under a new name or at least ask the permission of the previous uploader. That's a lot more respectful and polite. Thanks for your comprehension. --TwoWings * to talk or not to talk... 07:42, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
- Why would anyone want a picture of the piercing that includes random hands & is off center? > people may also be interested to see that included in a "context". That's a different use. It's the same for the picture of masturbation you cropped: your crop is interesting but the original image also shows other aspects of masturbation since it is not only a technical practice (the woman's expressions and position say a lot about masturbation and sexual pleasure) --TwoWings * to talk or not to talk... 10:22, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
- What you're actually doing is delete the original image and replace it with what you think is "a better image", and you do that without permission of the originator of that image. If you feel your version of an image is better than the original, upload it under a different name. --Silenus 18:17, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
Assume good faith, please. I simply thought that the original uploaders didn't feel like cropping or centering the images (talking about piercings & not the masturbation), & I did it for them... as a favor. I wouldn't mind if someone did this to an image I took, if they thought that it looked "sloppy". I was simply being bold, and I thought that users would appreciate it. Also, I didn't delete the images (I'm not an admin on Commons), I simply uploaded the new version of them. It's an easy revert if one is not pleased. I'll make sure not to be bold here... I'm simply used to the BOLD, revert, discuss cycle (if one's trying to improve upon something). No harm meant. Hmwith 01:04, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
- OK no harm meant. But next time just try to discuss that kind of thing before. Since I didn't know your intentions I reverted all your cropping so if you think some may be restored contact the uploaders before or at least launch a discussion at the village pump in case the uploader doesn't respond (sometimes old uploaders never come back!). As for the masturbation picture I said what I think: your crop may be interesting so you may upload it with another name, but I totally disagree to upload it over the original because it's useful for other reasons. Thanks for your comprehension. --TwoWings * to talk or not to talk... 23:11, 20 February 2008 (UTC)
- No worries, and I assure you that it won't happen again. Good faith, but apparently bad decisions. Thanks, Hmwith 01:49, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
- Good faith, but apparently bad decisions > that happens to everyone! Errare humanum est! ;-) Cheers --TwoWings * to talk or not to talk... 08:54, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
||File:Intimpiercing Frau aeussere.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Please remember to respond to and – if appropriate – contradict the arguments supporting deletion. Arguments which focus on the nominator will not affect the result of the nomination. Thank you!
13:27, 15 December 2013 (UTC)