User talk:Hoo man
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Hi Hoo man, As posted in the Village pump I've created a tool enabling us to mark uploads as patrolled systematically with ability to cut out timeframes with From: and Until: stamps, and ability to Hide already patrolled uploads. I noticed you were previously active or interested in this and invite you to install the userscript and continue this way. See also COM:RUP. If not already request patroller right and confirm your Wikimedia account with the Toolserver as this is required. Feel free to contact me with any questions or feedback on my talk page, in the Village pump post or report bugs on the Tools feedback page –Krinkletalk 16:49, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
You're on the POTY committee and an admin on Meta. Could you come to IRC sometime so we could discuss a global notice? Thanks, theMONO 03:54, 30 April 2011 (UTC)
- Once again. theMONO 01:16, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
Hi Hoo man. If you would like to receive the 'image-reviewer' flag, you need to file a request at Commons:License review/requests. You are receiving this notice because the right has been removed from your account after being added prior to. Thanks! --ZooFari 15:00, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
Hi Hoo man,
Thanks for helping with file renames.
Please read COM:FR before doing renames. Point 2 at What files should be renamed? is meant for camera generated names and should not be used to change file names from one language to another (point 2 at What files should not be renamed? ().
- You mean File:DSC duerrensee02.JPG (and the other file with a similar name), don't you? I know COM:FR and thought it would be better to move those images because of the DSC in them and the new title seemed to give way more information. After all, that for sure is a border case cause the old name already included the lakes name - Hoo man (talk) 12:36, 29 June 2011 (UTC)
File:Canadair CL-415 en vol.jpg
- Oh, didn't see you declined the request (as I only moved about a minute after that), on that I fully trusted in the user who proposed the renaming, as he seems to be trusty and to know what he's doing... you might want to message him instead - Hoo man (talk) 11:06, 23 May 2012 (UTC)
Some baklava for you!
|Thank you for renaming files of KV 504! Akaniji (talk) 01:13, 11 November 2012 (UTC)|
- I did some additional research on the internet and both names seem possible to me. After all I think we can keep this name as it's widely used. Feel free to move it or change the description according to your wishes though. I'm sorry for the confusion caused but it's hard to find a reliable source for this. - Hoo man (talk) 09:02, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
- Fair enough. To be honest, there seems to be a very slow-motion revert war at Ha Long Bay, which may explain why "Kissing Cocks" did not appear at the article sometimes when checked (but appears in its edit history). "Kissing Cocks" seems to be very offensive to some people (with "Kissing Roosters" being no less so), which is probably why "Kissing Rocks" became such a common alternative name in the first place. But one can see how they do resemble two roosters, with the vegetation on top resembling rooster combs. You don't mind if I restore the categorization for same-sex kissing that was here before? - Gilgameshkun (talk) 09:35, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
A kitten for you!
Dane für tagPersonalityRight.js!
The Holder of the wiki barnstar
A barnstar for you!
|The Technical Barnstar|
|The Technical Barnstar is awarded to anyone who has enhanced Wikimedia Commons through their technical work (programming, bot building, link repair, etc.).|