More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 05:54, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:CycloneGael.jpg is uncategorized since 6 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:54, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Innis 2009-02-16 over New Caledonia.jpg is uncategorized since 18 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:57, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
I have noticed that you have not included dates in the 2008-09 Australian region cyclone categories, please do so because the storm names will be used again.
Hello HurricaneSpin I've noticed the flattened MODIS images you've been producing, and I was wondering where I can get the data to flatten these images from? I've got HEG, and the real-time HDF files from the MODIS Rapid Response System website have not been working because the program dosen't take pure HDF files, but HDF-EOS Files. I would appreciate the info so I can help out. Thanks :) P.S. If not the HEG program, which one are you using? Supportstorm (talk) 23:13, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
I moved your cropped version to File:Hurricane Katrina August 28 2005 cropped.jpg. This is such a heavily used image that you should ask others permission to change it. Potapych (talk) 21:44, 18 October 2010 (UTC)
- Very Unlikely That You'll Get Unblocked Since You Abuse Multiple Accounts. This Is Not Your Ordinary Acid3 Fan. (My Talk Page) 19:48, 7 July 2013 (UTC) BTW I am Not INeverCry Nor An Admin.
My sincerest apologies
Hi hurricanespin. I am really sorry for vandalizing your user page in July with socks. Please forgive me, and I will never vandalize any page or sock again. IPhonehurricane94 (talk) 07:14, 24 August 2013 (UTC)