More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Szokolay explains the pastorale misterioso e giubiloso.jpg was uncategorized on 14 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:43, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Szokolay in Parndorf with the Huszti-Duo Vienna.jpg was uncategorized on 14 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:43, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Ab010208 bis150309.pdf was uncategorized on 14 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:43, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Ghjjhgjghj.pdf was uncategorized on 15 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:47, 16 February 2010 (UTC)
File tagging File:Ghjjhgjghj.pdf
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Ghjjhgjghj.pdf. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (