More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 21:27, 19 January 2012 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Newhampshirerepublican2012precincts.png was uncategorized on 19 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:09, 20 January 2012 (UTC)
Data used to create election maps
Would you be willing to share the county-level data you used to create your election maps?
Source of Election Data
Hello Inqvisitor! It's nice to see someone else on here making election maps. :) I was wondering what you were using in terms of data sources (books, election webpages, etc.). As for myself, I've used "United States Presidential Elections, 1788-1860: The Official Results by County and State" by Michael J. Dubin, "Presidential Ballots, 1836-1892" by Walter Dean Burnham, "The Presidential Vote, 1896-1932" by Edgar Eugene, and "They Voted For Roosevelt" by Edgar Eugene.
A Barnstar Award for You!
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|Very nice job on your U.S. Presidential election maps. Keep up the amazing work! Futurist110 (talk) 22:34, 30 March 2013 (UTC)|
Your account will be renamed
21:17, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
Alaska results on the Gary Johnson strength map
Hey Inqvisitor! I saw that you added county equivalent results for many 2016 presidential election maps. I was wondering if you could add those results for my Gary Johnson strength map using my color key, if you have the time. File:Gary Johnson strength map by county, 2016.svg Thanks! --Mr.Election (talk) 15:22, 2 March 2017 (UTC)