More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 04:01, 28 September 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:InsideDigs Logo.jpg was uncategorized on 28 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 17:17, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:ID Logo.jpg was uncategorized on 28 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 17:17, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
Yours sincerely INeverCry 18:39, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
|Your username has been blocked as being inappropriate. Please see our username policy for more information. You are encouraged to contribute to Commons under a more appropriate username. You can do this in one of two ways:
To other users visiting this page: If you feel that a username has been blocked in error, please discuss it here on this user's talk page.