Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Please remember that all uploads require source, author and license information. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? Thank you. Siebrand 04:22, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
This message was placed by an automated process. Please go to Commons:Help desk if you need help.
- Got it... Still getting used to the interface on commons... IronGargoyle 05:14, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
|Image deletion warning||Image:Shussein2003.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.|
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
PETA deletion listings
No comment on the underlying merit of the deletion nomination right now, but "tag" is a rather inadequate edit summary for the action of tagging an image for deletion. Please be more explicit next time. Cheers, Postdlf (talk) 00:45, 23 November 2009 (UTC)
- Ah, sorry about that. I will keep that in mind for next time. Given the number of pages I was tagging, I wanted to keep it short to keep myself from going insane. I've been having trouble getting any software to speed up the process to work on my new computer. IronGargoyle (talk) 01:02, 23 November 2009 (UTC)
TUSC token 0f2fc168f8a6918d0c227f305db99acd
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
File:Fairly_Odd_Coaster_overhead.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. Please see Commons:But it's my own work! for a guide on how to address these issues.
File:0226. Afshin Jafari.jpg
File:0226. Afshin Jafari.jpg is a public picture from afshin
none copy right
File:Fox Sports Premium.png
Hi, Originally the logo used for Fox Sports Premium of Argentina and is the original logo. Thx
Dont delete me
I have permission. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Paseo_de_la_Reforma_-_CDMX_2018.jpg — Preceding unsigned comment added by ZagueVergom (talk • contribs) 04:26, 12 July 2018 (UTC)
- That permission should be forwarded to email@example.com then. IronGargoyle (talk) 21:01, 15 July 2018 (UTC)
Hi! You are wrong with Your statements about "no freedom to public panoramas in Ukraine". According to the Law of Ukraine, pictures can be freely taken in public places without any prohibition. It is my picture which was waken yesterday by me on my phone, and now issued according to common license. It is used as the illustration to the wiki-page which memorizes my cousin who was killed during Russian invasion in 2014. Dimitaru (talk) 18:34, 15 July 2018 (UTC)
- See COM:FOP. Just because you took the photograph of the memorial does not mean that you hold the copyright to the picture ON the memorial. IronGargoyle (talk) 20:59, 15 July 2018 (UTC)
Uploads by User:Intisar Ali
irongargoyle Your method of communication is very difficult to understand it. If any duplication appears to you delete it. I am new volunteer and donot know about your rules. Kindly suggest sites or pages containing simple guidance.Thanks Intisar Ali — Preceding unsigned comment added by Intisar Ali (talk • contribs) 03:46, 14 July 2018 (UTC)
- I suggest you carefully read the pages that myself and others have linked to on your talk page. The messages on your talk pages are short, standardized messages which are meant to get your attention. The copyright policies are detailed more clearly at COM:L. IronGargoyle (talk) 21:08, 15 July 2018 (UTC)
Shobha book cover
- Evidence of that permission then needs to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. IronGargoyle (talk) 00:52, 18 July 2018 (UTC)
The license is ready
I add the template of the permittion
U can check it
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Paseo_de_la_Reforma_-_CDMX_2018.jpg — Preceding unsigned comment added by ZagueVergom (talk • contribs) 22:47, 18 July 2018 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, but noncommercial-only licences are not acceptable. The link you have added to the image does not change that. You need the owner of image to forward permission to publish this under a different licence or have the owner directly change their Flickr page licence. IronGargoyle (talk) 23:08, 18 July 2018 (UTC)
you are blocked
Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by User:Wacky Windjammer
Please finish your deletion request Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by User:Wacky Windjammer. In the future, might I suggest using VisualFileChange.js to do a mass deletion request? It will fill out your deletion request, tag the files, and notify uploaders for you. --Elisfkc (talk) 17:35, 23 March 2020 (UTC)
Sobre mi trabajo de Fresley
E mira el de White Tiger me salió bien pero esta no, perdón si te ofende mi imagen pero no puedes borrar mi trabajo porque demore en hacerlo y por favor elimina esa etiqueta de borrado, no estoy de acuerdo y si quieres borra el de otro pero mi trabajo acá se respeta como yo a tus trabajos o tendré que tomar drásticas decisiones con la protección de de derechos de autor, no es una amenaza sino una petición pero si no quitas la etiqueta tendré que demandar por mi trabajo asta las naciones unidas por los derechos de autor y solo quita la etiqueta o pasara malas cosas es una advertencia--Fan de Randy Rhoads (talk) 20:40, 21 July 2021 (UTC)
Appeal for forgiveness:
The other works are my own but excuse me for the warning I do not like that they put labels on my works, but an apology will not hurt more and please the other works are my own, sorry friend, I did not mean to threaten you, but if I offend you, forgive me and let's leave the case without any problem and I will not claim again --Fan de Randy Rhoads (talk) 15:22, 22 July 2021 (UTC)
- I knew Randy Rhoads, a very warm person, a great talent that didn't live very long. Gone now for 39 years. If you use his name, then behave like that. I hope your kind words afterwards will help. - Richardkiwi (talk) (talk) 17:06, 22 July 2021 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|Very Good Fan de Randy Rhoads (talk) 15:37, 22 July 2021 (UTC)|
Francis Bacon diagram
@IronGargoyle: I am the owner of Simple Philosophy Diagrams (the site where the diagram came from), so that is why I said that it is "my own work." Azhong2252 (talk) 03:56, 2 August 2021 (UTC) Azhong2252
- It's unusual to say "courtesy of" when it's your own work. Did you create the diagram, or do you just own the site? IronGargoyle (talk) 05:19, 2 August 2021 (UTC)
- I would just suggest making a statement to that effect in the deletion request. IronGargoyle (talk) 06:13, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
I can confirm that this image is my own image - you cited reference to my own personal website, I took the image, and have made this publically available with no copyright infringement. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jamz.simmo (talk • contribs)
- Gotcha. I didn't connect your name with the site at first, but that makes sense. IronGargoyle (talk) 01:24, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
mira la pagina no es la verdadera autora de la imágenes y no se sabe si que te pido una mejor investigación sobre su origen por favor no quiero que me hagan ver mal por favor una mejor investigación, y luego por favor las imágenes son reeditadas así que por parte soy el autor de dichas, por favor tenlo en cuenta y háblame a mi pagina de discusión.-LINKOLORE (talk) 01:38, 8 August 2021 (UTC)
please delete this file, because this is my personal photo with my daughter from Facebook, and I posted it here VANDAL. I also ask to block it for life. Thanks. --Jphwra (talk) 04:51, 10 August 2021 (UTC)
Response to Deletion Request
Hi IronGargoyle: You left the following message for me:
Files uploaded by WikiAccuracyEditor (talk · contribs) Collection of pictures of former NFL player and current attorney Shawn Stuckey. As a former NFL player, these images are definitely within scope, but I question whether the uploader has the rights to release all of these images. Some are professional head shots which reverse image search back to Stuckey's law firm pages, but others are professional sports photographs and others are red carpet pictures (none of which seem to show up on reverse image searches). It seems odd that one person would hold the copyright to all these images. Clarification and permission is likely needed via COM:VRT.
File:Shawn Stuckey - Senior Partner - Attorney at Glenn, Stuckey, & Partners, LLP.png File:Shawn Stuckey - Attorney at Law - Glenn, Stuckey, & Partners, LLP www.GlennStuckey.jpg File:Shawn Stuckey - Celebrity Guest at the Starkey Hearing Foundation Annual Gala.jpg File:Shawn Stuckey - Fumble Recovery - New England Patriots v. Buffalo Bills.jpg File:Shawn Stuckey with Bill Clinton - Celebrity Guests at the Starkey Hearing Foundation Annual Gala.jpg IronGargoyle (talk) 21:36, 11 August 2021 (UTC)
I am Shawn Stuckey. These pictures were either taken by me or for me at my request. I have had them in my possession for a while and have posted some of them on my personal Facebook page but I decided to include them on my wikipedia page since I needed to update numerous things that have taken place in my legal career of which the originator of the page was unaware. I have lots more pictures similar to these that were taken by me or by my handler at various charity events. I also have football pictures that I took or directed be taken for me. If you need anything else let me know. Thanks!
Права на использование фото
Фото было размещено фотографом в банк, где вы его увидели, тк я предоставила ему для это права. Я не могу разместить здесь свое фото? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs)
- Unfortunately I can't tell what photo you are talking about. Please provide a link. IronGargoyle (talk) 20:47, 13 August 2021 (UTC)
I guess why u wanna block my photo: this photo realy was made by photographer and of course he has copyright. But my page in Wikipedia needs photo of me, thats why i download this photo, as its me and ive paid for this photosession and the idea of the photosession is totally mine. I have no wish to assign copyright, just put photo of me on my page to identify myself.
also i saw that other people downloaded on their pages also professional photos not selfies, means these photos are made not by themselves. —Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:59, 14 August 2021 (UTC)
- As you note, you were not the photographer for the image and thus do not have the copyright (unless there is some written agreement with the photographer that transfers copyright to you). Wikimedia Commons requires that all media must be released under a free license (or must already be in the public domain). You cannot do this unless you hold the copyright. The fact that other problem photos exist does not mean that this one should be kept. The other ones should be deleted as well. IronGargoyle (talk) 14:28, 15 August 2021 (UTC)
Maud Gatewood and others
These photos are all in the public domain based on my research.
How do I show public domain in the future? Have I been not ticking something upon upload?
In my view, if no author is given and/or no copyright is stated, the work is freely given. Are you going by US copyright law or international copyright?
- Why are they public domain? It's not an issue of ticking a box. You need to supply evidence. Your statement that "if no author is given and/or no copyright is stated, the work is freely given." is wrong in most cases. Anonymity does not eliminate copyright in the United States and it doesn't eliminate copyright internationally either. IronGargoyle (talk) 19:50, 4 September 2021 (UTC)
I take your point that there exists a world in which these photos in question are violating copyright but it is not my job to be the copyright police and to investigate who has copyright or not if it is not stated and presumptively given freely. For the Max Drake photo earlier that was removed, the photographer himself submitted consent but it was denied or just not taken care of. I am of the assumption, to be honest, that if it really offends someone that a work they feel is their copyright is on Wikipedia or what have you they can just submit a takedown request. Most people are honored to have their work on this site and would be dismayed that it is taken down in a lot of cases due to legalism and policy, which often is arbitrarily enforced at least in my experience, though I highly appreciate all that volunteers do. We all make this happen. I have put so many hours into all I have done with thousands of edits. Only every now and again have I ever been thanked. Instead, I am threatened when I make an unintentional error. It is not my job to be a copyright attorney. I did the best I could. Take care Peabodyb (talk) 23:50, 5 September 2021 (UTC)
- I can't speak to particular cases where permission has indeed been given by the photographer. I would suggest contacting COM:VRT if you are able to provide evidence of free licencing for one or more of the images you have previously uploaded. I don't doubt it is frustrating to have files taken down, but would be far more disruptive to the goals of the project if insufficiently free media was allowed to remain on the site. IronGargoyle (talk) 04:10, 6 September 2021 (UTC)
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:S.A._Sozina.jpg файл был номинирован к удалению
Добрый день! Несмотря на то, что я не являюсь автором (фотографом) данного файла, очень прошу его не удалять. Дело в том, что эта фотография сделана 32 года назад в неизвестной мне фотостудии. Это обычная фотография формата 2х3 см на удостоверение , которую я пересняла камерой телефона и увеличила. Узнать фамилию автора совершенно не реально, так как по сути сама фотография не является авторской работой, то есть она не имеет автора,а лишь является продуктом производства некой фирмы, которую определить сейчас не представляется возможным. Если мои доводы неубедительны, прошу порекомендовать мне иное решение этой проблемы. Я являюсь дочерью Созиной С.А., у меня есть любительские фотографии мамы, но они не очень соответствуют стилю официальной статьи, поэтому мне бы хотелось оставить эту. Надеюсь на Ваше понимание. --Smithjulia (talk) 10:12, 5 September 2021 (UTC)
In spite of the fact that I'm not the author /photographer of this photo I kindly ask you not to delete it. This photo was taken 32 years ago at an unknown studio. It's a simple ID photo (2x3 cm) made for a pass card. I reshot it and enlarged with my phone camera. It's impossible now to know the name of the author because in fact the picture itself doesn't present some certain author's peice of work, it doesn't have the author because it's a product of a certain company that can't be defined now. If my arguments are not convincing enough, please recommend another solution of the problem. I'm Mrs. Sozina's daughter and I have some amateur photoes of my mother but they don't correspond to the official style of the article. So I would like to leave this one Hope for your understanding. --Smithjulia (talk) 10:30, 5 September 2021 (UTC)
- If you have personal photos that you own the copyright to (and are willing to freely licence them), those would be preferable to a photograph with uncertain provenance. Photos taken 32 years ago are still copyrighted in most jurisdictions and this is true whether or not the author is known. IronGargoyle (talk) 04:03, 6 September 2021 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Teamwork Barnstar|
|¡Buenas noches! ¡Muchas gracias por los avisos! Me gustaría saber como agregar imágenes de Internet sin violar los derechos de autor. He visto que en otros artículos tienen fotos que se pueden encontrar en Internet. Las imagenes que me gustaría agregar son logotipos, portadas, etc. Desde ya, gracias por la ayuda! Fatimawik (talk) 06:05, 19 September 2021 (UTC)|
- @Fatimawik: Copyrighted images in Wikipedia are likely "fair use". They can sometimes be uploaded to Wikipedia, but they can never be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons. Most pictures you find on the internet cannot be uploaded here. Only very old images (for example, those published in the US before 1926) or images that are deliberately released under a free license by their creator can be uploaded here. IronGargoyle (talk) 06:50, 19 September 2021 (UTC)
Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by Geneviève de Paris
Hello, I would like to add, on this subject, that when the photos come into possession of INAH through the Mediateca (which is a physical place where these photos, as well as songs and even books, such as you can find in https://mediateca.inah.gob.mx/islandora_74/islandora/object/libro%3A843 under the same license), all copyright is immediately given to them as a government institution. Thus, as they are the legitimate copyright holders, publishing the media under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license, it should be free from any possible trouble, wether the author is still alive or dead, or if he's known or not. I'll agree in the museum case over it being deleted, since the only indication of a license is the one at the bottom on the page, which indeed makes unlikely to know if they're talking about the page as a whole or its contents. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Geneviève de Paris (talk • contribs) 02:03, 12 October 2021 (UTC)
Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by HyhwA
Hi, as an employee of MOS, I have permission to use these files. Permission to use the images was granted by the photograper who took the pictures under contract for MOS. --HyhwA (talk) 14:22, 13 October 2021 (UTC)