|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Queue of buses
Hello, I am wondering if I could have permission to reuse this picture http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Volvo_B7RLE_First_West_Yorkshire.jpg and then edit it. I am using it for a conference presentation on the qubus quantum computer (http://www.iop.org/EJ/article/1367-2630/8/2/030/njp6_2_030.html) and would like to edit some of the road off so it sits appropriately on my slide. The presentation will be held to a small audience at the University of York. Thank you Katherine
- Please feel free to use the photo as requested. I'd love to see the finished presentation, but if this isn't possible it's no problem either.
- Best regards, Stefan --Iwouldstay (talk) 05:51, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 15:42, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:EVAG B80C 5142 Muelheim Hbf.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.