More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Please link images
- 2 File:Bizimungu.jpg
- 3 Many other problems
- 4 აზერბაიჯანის დემოკრატიული რესპუბლიკა
- 5 File source is not properly indicated: File:Mitropoliti_daviti.jpg
- 6 File tagging File:Mitropoliti daviti.jpg
- 7 Picture of the Year 2013 R2 Announcement
- 8 Picture of the Year 2013 Results Announcement
- 9 Request: Can you create alternative png, or if you can, svg versions of the European country maps without any separatist regions depicted, which that politically biased bully Leftcry has usurped?
- 10 File:The Human Stain ka.jpg
- 11 Translating the interface in your language, we need your help
- 12 Notification about possible deletion
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to Commons should be useful to all users of Wikimedia projects. This is possible only if the images can be found by other people.
To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should put the images into appropriate topic pages, categories, optionally galleries, or both of them (see Commons:Categories). To find good categories for your images, the CommonSense tool may help.
You can find a convenient overview of your uploaded files in this gallery.
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There are a large number of completely unsorted images on Commons right now. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do!
- Image:Sagolasheni st. mariami.jpg is uncategorized since 3 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:59, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Village xzisi.jpg is uncategorized since 3 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:59, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Village kvemo chala.jpg is uncategorized since 3 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:59, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Lanchkhuti.jpg is uncategorized since 3 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:59, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Village ujarma.jpg is uncategorized since 3 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:59, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Church of xzisi.jpg is uncategorized since 3 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:59, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Sant georg of xzisi.jpg is uncategorized since 3 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:59, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:W.gopallawa.jpg is uncategorized since 9 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:54, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Mitropoliti daviti.jpg is uncategorized since 16 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:59, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Castle of Atsriskhevi.jpg was uncategorized on 24 January 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:00, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Zaza Tsotniashvili.JPG was uncategorized on 26 January 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:01, 27 January 2011 (UTC)
|File:Bizimungu.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
Hi, Rwanda.net is not the holder of copyright to the images, so it is a bad source: This file is from Associated Press, a news agency, as you can see here: http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39988000/jpg/_39988031_bizimungu_apbody.jpg. A larger version can be seen here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/665000/images/_668046_president300.jpg.
In short: Commons accept only images that every person or company can reuse for every purpose including money making purposes. This file is from AP, AP does not allow anyone to use their work for commercial purposes - the files are totaly unfree and something like the different of public domain. You should not upload images without a written permission from the holder of copyrights (AP in this case) that everyone can use this file for commercial purposes. --Martin H. (talk) 20:10, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
Many other problems
- File:Bizumungu un.gif, from United Nations, the UN not allow commercial use of their images.
- File:Dominique Mbonyumutwa.jpg, no permission from rwanda.net, also rwanda.net is not the photographer / copyright holder
- File:Kayibanda.jpg , same thing
- File:Censutabonepresofmalta.jpg, from doi.gov.mt? So why you say author=Jaba1977 ??? Images from government of malta are not public domain.
- File:George abela.jpg, doi.gov.mt, not your work (again)
- File:Pxuereb.jpg, doi.gov.mt... the website clearly says "copyright...", the copyright section  says: You can use it, but you should not modify it. Derivative works are not allowed, the image is not accepted here.
- File:Barbaagatha.jpg, File:Umbonici.jpg, File:Buttigianton.jpg, File:Mamoantony.jpg
- File:Sirimavobandaranaike.jpg, dailynews.ik,
author=Jaba1977(NO!) no permission from the photgrapher, copyright violation.
- File:Chandrika.jpg, www.lankanewspapers.com,
author=Jaba1977you are working for many newspapers ;) http://www.lankanewspapers.com/news/profiles/chandrika.jsp has a clear copyright information, there is not the smalles chance that this image is free.
- File:W.gopallawa.jpg, the website www.rootsweb.ancestry.com does not have any right on this image, so neither a source nor a permission.
- File:Jrjaievardene.jpg, great idea to copy images from jamd.com... GettyImages takes much money for copyright violations like this.
- File:Ranasinghe premadasa.jpg, not "own work by uploader", thats a lie. See 1 2, 3
- File:Dbwijetunga.JPG, your source http://www.thecolombopost.com/news.php?nid=205 says: courtesy: google. They violate copyright and you again.
- ... and many more. Pay attention to copyrights and please read our basic helppages!
აზერბაიჯანის დემოკრატიული რესპუბლიკა
გამარჯობა ჯაბა,გთხოვ ამ რუქას გადახედო და შენი აზრი დააფიქსირო,თურმე აზერბაიჯანის დემოკრატიულ რესპუბლიკას პრეტენზიები ჰქონია ქვემო ქართლსა და კახეთზე. არადა,პრობლემა ბელაქანი,ზაქათალა და კახი იზო. გელოდები...
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Azerbaijan_1918_1920.jpg --იბერია (talk) 10:50, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
File source is not properly indicated: File:Mitropoliti_daviti.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Mitropoliti_daviti.jpg, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
File tagging File:Mitropoliti daviti.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Mitropoliti daviti.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
Picture of the Year 2013 R2 Announcement
Round 2 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- ⧼Wikibase-terms/Jaba1977⧽: Deutsch, Ελληνικά, English, français, magyar, italiano, македонски, 日本語, русский, svenska
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the second round of the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year were entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
There are two total rounds of voting. In the first round, you voted for as many images as you liked. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category have continued to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 2 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2013 Picture of the Year contest.
Picture of the Year 2013 Results Announcement
Picture of the Year 2013 Results
- In other languages: Deutsch, español, français, 日本語, Nederlands, русский, svenska, Türkçe, українська
The 2013 Picture of the Year competition has ended and we are pleased to announce the results: We shattered participation records this year — more people voted in Picture of the Year 2013 than ever before. In both rounds, 4070 different people voted for their favorite images. Additionally, there were more image candidates (featured pictures) in the contest than ever before (962 images total).
- In the first round, 2852 people voted for all 962 files
- In the second round, 2919 people voted for the 50 finalists (the top 30 overall and top 2 in each category)
We congratulate the winners of the contest and thank them for creating these beautiful images and sharing them as freely licensed content:
- 157 people voted for the winner, an image of a lightbulb with the tungsten filament smoking and burning.
- In second place, 155 people voted for an image of "Sviati Hory" (Holy Mountains) National Park in Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine.
- In third place, 131 people voted for an image of a swallow flying and drinking.
We also sincerely thank to all 4070 voters for participating and we hope you will return for next year's contest in early 2015. We invite you to continue to participate in the Commons community by sharing your work.
the Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2013 Picture of the Year contest.
Request: Can you create alternative png, or if you can, svg versions of the European country maps without any separatist regions depicted, which that politically biased bully Leftcry has usurped?
Can you create alternative png, or if you can, svg versions of the European country maps (and any other map) without any separatist regions depicted, which Leftcry has usurped? Please make sure that the TITLE and the DESCRIPTION section of each of these maps reflects it (so politically minded bullies like him can have no excuse to add separatist regions in these new alternative maps) when you first upload them and that any future changes need to conform to this. And if he interferes in these alternative maps as well, report him. Please also check my history section on these maps I have visited and edited, but were all undone by Leftcry, and all other maps I have not, which are being visited and usurped by him.
|File:The Human Stain ka.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Translating the interface in your language, we need your help
Please register on translatewiki.net if you didn't yet and then help complete priority translations (make sure to select your language in the language selector). With a couple hours' work or less, you can make sure that nearly all visitors see the wiki interface fully translated. Nemo 14:06, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.