|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
TUSC token ed7c6e5123b7237e6daf698ca3d19f8c
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 05:59, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Image:French Navy Flamant Class P676 Dublin Docks.jpg is uncategorized since 14 April 2009.
- Image:Martin McGuinness 2009.jpg is uncategorized since 25 June 2009.
- Image:Martin Mansergh.jpg is uncategorized since 25 June 2009.
Round 2 of Picture of the Year 2015 is open!
You are receiving this message because you voted in R1 of the 2015 Picture of the Year contest.
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the second round of the 2015 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the tenth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2015) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year were entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
There are two total rounds of voting. In the first round, you voted for as many images as you liked. In Round 1, there were 1322 candidate images. There are 56 finalists in Round 2, comprised of the top 30 overall as well as the top #1 and #2 from each sub-category. In the final round, you may vote for just one or maximal three image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 2 will end on 28 May 2016, 23:59:59 UTC.
-- Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee 09:43, 22 May 2016 (UTC)