|Category:Jean_Cotelle_(II) has been listed at Commons:Categories for discussion so that the community can discuss ways in which it should be changed. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this category, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for discussion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it. If the category is up for deletion because it has been superseded, consider the notion that although the category may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new category.
In all cases, please do not take the category discussion personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you!
Maria Newman Page
Hi JarektBot. Being new to contributing on Wiki, I used photos that were given to me to use with permission, but perhaps I didn't cite them correctly? I am scheduling a time at a concert performance to take my own photos. I would be happy to release those to public commons. That said, I know the author of the photos personally. Is there a correspondence that you follow to verify the permission? What did I not state that should have been present? Sorry if my questions are redundant. The wii-how to is a bit overwhelming. Thank you.
- CJBlevins, I am not sure what image are you asking about. Perhaps File:Maria Newman.jpg, or deleted File:MariaNewman 2007.jpg or File:MariaNewmanPhoto JTallo.jpg? With either of those files, since you are not the photographer but you "Know the photographer", you should ask him to send an email like this to OTRS and that would be enough to keep the files. --Jarekt (talk) 20:29, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
- Jarekt: THANK YOU! You just solved a huge issue for me with this information. Question,once he writes the letter and the permission is obtained, how should this be cited within the document, or will they give me a permission code? I'm also assuming, he would need to submit this for public domain, or is there a way he can cite just for usage for this article?
Really appreciate your help and advice. FYI --I'm actually revamping the entire text. I realize there have to be more citings and I'm cleaning up with tables. I'm doing the revisions on my sandbox, then will resubmit here. Thanks for everything. ----CJBlevins C. J. Blevins (talk) 14:47, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
- OTRS email should specify the file(s) in question and can specify any license which is allowed on Commons, and once it is sent and processed an OTRS volunteer will add proper template to the file. At this stage old files can be also undeleted if necessary. Drop me a note on my talk page (User talk:Jarekt, this page here is for issues with my bot) if you have any more questions related to files or OTRS in the future. Happy editing --Jarekt (talk) 02:38, 4 September 2013 (UTC)
Author / photographer
Hi, In , you changed the qualification of the painter Edouard Gentils-Camby from "author" (correct) to "photographer" (not correct). That creates a false information. If this change was one of a number of automated changes to the same effect, other file descriptions could also have been affected in a similar way. -- Asclepias (talk) 18:37, 22 September 2013 (UTC)
- Bundesarchives is a photo archive not painting archive. I changed most of 80-90k files, this is the first case that I am aware of author being a painter not photographer. --Jarekt (talk) 20:30, 22 September 2013 (UTC)
- No it was some kind of mistake. I will try to find and correct those. --Jarekt (talk) 15:39, 8 October 2013 (UTC)
|Institution:York Art Gallery, York has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this institution, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.