- 1 Coat of arms
- 2 Dupe image
- 3 Image:Seyed Ali Mohammed Bab.jpg
- 4 Re Help
- 5 Nicolas?
- 6 evidence
- 7 About disputes
- 8 Travel dates must be wrong - arrival time is set to before departure time
- 9 2 images of copyright violation
- 10 Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Coat of arms
- Thanks again, deleted & user indef blocked (though given the language issues I have asked others to review my action) cheers --Herby talk thyme 08:02, 22 February 2008 (UTC)
- Deleted again Jeff thanks. Short on time for now so the user & IP (not the same as the user's IP - some good in having CU:)) is not blocked at present (I'll have more time tomorrow I hope). If you have thoughts do let me know & I'll sort it Monday I hope (worth protecting against recreation?). In passing I am not as active as I was so - while very happy to help - do check whether I am currently active if you want anything (admin boards being another good place to post). Cheers --Herby talk thyme 17:28, 16 March 2008 (UTC)
- OK - got the message but I see it has turned red so someone got to it while I was off line - cheers --Herby talk thyme 08:23, 12 April 2008 (UTC)
Image:Seyed Ali Mohammed Bab.jpg
- but online resources as you given as the source shows he is bab and i have seen in some other book same .please either find another online reliabe source or don't change the image--Mardetanha 14:36, 5 May 2008 (UTC)
OK - this one needs the views of more than one person. However I see you have also posted to the admin board which is wise. Responding to this will not be a quick job but I certainly will take a look. The en:Bab link is actually a disambig page so you may want to look at that. Cheers --Herby talk thyme 15:03, 5 May 2008 (UTC)
about trustworthy of Nicolas:
Please return with reliabe evidence (and dont reference to wrong sources), and dont rvt without discusion. regards --Rohan 20:52, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
I generally don't interfere with the activities of Commoners until they violate our basic standards (like licensing) or turn into nasty personal flamewars (in which case I'll start handing out blocks like a Lego factory). Otherwise, I'm quite happy to let you two argue it out. Just keep it mellow. Remember that you're not his enemy. You're two normal, decent human beings who disagree about something.
As it happens, even if these documents are mis-titled, I don't see the big deal. If you must, identify which scholars hold what view in the image description. This is definitely not something worth fighting over.
Travel dates must be wrong - arrival time is set to before departure time
I am new to this technology, so please bear with me if I am in the wrong place. I am trying to contact you regarding an image you uploaded for the article on Baha'u'llah. It is the image with the route taken by Baha'u'llah, in which some dates do not add up. The arrrival date in Acre is set to before the departure date from Constantinople.(not Constantinope :-) ) It must be impossible to arrive before you depart. But then again, it was Baha'u'llah that was doing the travelling. I have a fixed image ready for you, if you want to use it. I just Photoshopped the dates and swapped them. Piece of cake that was. You can download the fixed file from http://www.dearodear.com/images/fixed.png Hope you don't mind me writing this. I hope you actually get to read this. Theodorus_Albers
- Thanks for the note. The dates were wrong, but not in the way you indicated. I've fixed the dates to correspond with the initial source that can be found here. Thanks again. Regards, -- Jeff3000 (talk) 21:48, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
2 images of copyright violation
I've seen 1 of my uploaded images being deleted, and another one already deleted. "File:Bab's house.jpg" and "File:Bahai study circle.jpg". Both of these pics are from http://media.bahai.org/ ,as I noted. At the front page of the site,it says:
|“||Welcome to the Bahá’í Media Bank, a free interactive online service operated and owned by the Bahá’í International Community.
Here you will find photos of the Bahá’í community, historical figures, events and activities, houses of worship, and holy places. Simply create an account and log in to download up to 20 images at a time. You can browse the entire site without logging in. Click on Help for more details on how to use the site.
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- In other languages: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.