User talk:Jimbo Wales
Best way to contact Jimbo Wales
Best way to contact Jimbo Wales is at English Wikipedia:
Hello Jimbo, I emailed you a week ago to ask a question; I know you're busy and all over the place (in the best possible way) but I haven't had a reply even indicating when you would be able to consider my question. I did come here to email a reminder but it seems you do not have email enabled here.
- In 2014 you said this one of the things that I've always believed is letting people walk away with dignity. We don't have to shame them and scream at them and make them leave and then they're sad and annoyed and then they make sock puppets and then they come back and harass us for years.
Is the logical extension or corollary of this that there should be no forgiveness, ever, for such a person who is demonstrably rehabilitated? Thanks. Rodhullandemu (talk) 21:19, 11 December 2018 (UTC)
- @Rodhullandemu: Jimbo hasn't made a single edit here since 2014. On his enwiki talk page he occasionally responds. And when I say occasionally, I do mean occasionally.
- What I read in Jimbo's words is that we shouldn't be shaming people and scream at them in the first place, so the socking never happens. We are doing a kinda shitty job at that at times. I don't think Jimbo's words are saying anything at all about how to deal with socks. - Alexis Jazz ping plz 06:58, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
- @Alexis Jazz: I know that, Alexis, but Jimbo AFAIK isn't aware of this post yet. He will be made so. I would have preferred a private discussion with Jimbo but I'm having to do this here on the basis that "if Mahomet will not go to the mountain...". Rodhullandemu (talk) 08:34, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
Question about the photo of Gulchekhra Bobokulova with the cut off head of a murdered child
Hello, Jimbo. What do you think about existance of the photo in the corresponding articles? It was deleted from article on the Russian Wikipedia and Humanitarian& deleted it from article on the English Wikipedia. Can this photo be cause of a winning sue from parents of the killed girl to WMF? Раммон (talk) 12:14, 10 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Раммон: Refer to Jimbo Wales. Due to past controversial incidents relating to Jimmy's Wikimedia Commons actions, they are unlikely to make any reply to questions here. Their user talk page at en:User:Jimbo Wales is available, so long as you are not on their personal ignore/enemies list.
- However considering Commons:Deletion requests/File:Гюльчехра Бобокулова 29.02.2016.jpg exists, this may be a moot point. Thanks --Fæ (talk) 15:03, 18 January 2019 (UTC)