More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
-- 22:46, 22 March 2011 (UTC)
This media has been deleted.
A file that you uploaded to Wikimedia Commons from Flickr, File:Buoi di razza chianina.jpg, was found available on Flickr by an administrator or reviewer under the license , which isn't compatible with Wikimedia Commons, per the licensing policy. The file has been deleted. Commons:Flickr files/Appeal for license change has information about sending the Flickr user an appeal asking for the license to be changed. Only Flickr images tagged as (CC BY) or (CC BY-SA) are allowed on Wikimedia Commons. If the Flickr user has changed the license of the Flickr image, feel free to ask an administrator to restore the file, or start an undeletion request.. Túrelio (talk) 21:59, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
(CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) is not a valid license for Wikimedia commons, I had to delete this picture.
- So I saw! I'm really puzzled, thought I'd followed the instructions exactly, maybe you can help me understand? License is Creative Commons License Deed Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0), which part of that is incompatible with this wiki? I mean, this isn't commercial here, is it? Anyway, I'd better go and delete it from where I'd used it ... Justlettersandnumbers (talk) 22:15, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
- Per our policy all uploads have to be free also for commercial use, at least in regard to copyright. Images uploaded to Commons are not only for use on Wikipedia, but can be used by anybody for any purpose. Of course, personality rights may also restrict commercial use, but that doesn't matter here. --Túrelio (talk) 08:14, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Ox shoe.jpg was uncategorized on 21 May 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Purcell portrait.jpg was uncategorized on 13 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:01, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Orpheus Britannicus.jpg was uncategorized on 13 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:01, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Enrico Coleman portrait.jpg was uncategorized on 2 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 20:50, 3 October 2011 (UTC)
Thank you very much for all the photos you took in Fieracavalli 2014. Thanks to you, we are able to illustrate numerous races of horses which did not have illustration. Thank you again! --Eponimm (talk) 06:41, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
- My pleasure, Eponimm! I am just sorry that the quality of the pictures is so poor (I was using a borrowed camera). Regards, Justlettersandnumbers (talk) 09:50, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
Robust the pig
what do you think, would this one be good enough for a non-monster, non-maskot article in en-wp?