User talk:K8 fan
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, K8 fan!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Dan Tyminski for Wikipedia.png was uncategorized on 5 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:49, 6 October 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Mad Professor at Reggies.jpg was uncategorized on 23 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:11, 24 September 2011 (UTC)
TUSC token b13c487200e5e26ebeb412c3c22fb2d7
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!