Welcome to commons!
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Public domain in Minnesota
Hi Kablammo. I recently stumbled into the quagmire surrounding the copyright status of works produced by the state of Minnesota. I've read the Attorney General's opinion and the comments on the talk page for the PD-MN template. I've contacted the specific agency that handles the images I'm interested in and I have some inclination to follow this up the food chain to see where it leads. Any advice? Gobonobo (talk) 02:12, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- I had forgotten about this issue. The opinion of the attorney general (of which I was unaware when I created the template) led me to the opinion that it should not be used. As best I can tell (although I have not researched it), the issue remains unsettled. I suggest you contact the Minnesota Department of Administration, which I believe is the agency which can best advise you. Regards, Kablammo (talk) 14:02, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
Source and infos for File:Buffalo Ridge shaded relief.png
Can you help me and fill the information of this picture that was originally uploaded by you ?
Hi! Thanks for your email! I restored the map, I think it's salvageable. It got into a pile of files without source, I overlooked the National Atlas part. --Hedwig in Washington (mail?) 05:59, 12 April 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks Hedwig! Appraiser is no longer active, but I recognize the tool he used from the map's format and overlays. Best wishes, Kablammo (talk) 17:56, 12 April 2016 (UTC)
Red River Ox Cart Trail Map
Hey, I am currently working on a project, mapping North Dakota historical events, eras, and locations. I am currently trying to map the ox-cart routes through Minnesota, up to Pembina. Is there any way you could share the cart-trail GIS data with me via email (I would of course list you as a source)? I have an alternative, which is simply digitizing a currently existing PDF map, but having access to the data that you used would provide greater accuracy and clarity. I have to present the project on Thursday (sorry for the short notice), so if you are able and willing to get me the data before then, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ducklover1976 (talk • contribs) 02:25, 06 December 2016 (UTC)
- Hello, Ducklover. I hope your state continues to grow your namesake waterfowl, and sends some this way! I made my map by trial-and-error; I found another map somewhere on Wikipedia (I no longer remember where), and followed that example. So I took a public domain map and added the routes and places.
- Feel free to email me (and let me know here if you do as I rarely look at that email). Good luck! Kablammo (talk) 15:21, 6 December 2016 (UTC)
- So just for the sake of clarity, you do not have any ArcMap data layers available for the OX Cart Maps? Quite frankly, it doesn't have to be in .mxd format, any shapefile will do.
- If not, no worries.
- I appreciate your assistance and willingness to help.
- I copied this message into an email.
- Thank you again!!! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ducklover1976 (talk • contribs) 19:06, 07 December 2016 (UTC)
- Hello again. I answered your email. I made a map from a public-domain source, and included state and county boundaries to help in locating the trails and settlements. I don't have any other data other than the map itself. I am sure I used the Gilman book, and one older one, to locate the trails. And the map does not show all trails; there were many variations. Regards, Kablammo (talk) 19:29, 7 December 2016 (UTC)
- This page is how the settlements were added. Kablammo (talk) 19:33, 8 December 2016 (UTC)