|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 17:20, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:NedunuriKrishnaMurthy.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:JustineBatemanself.jpg was uncategorized on 9 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:01, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Rescued cat barbi twins.jpg was uncategorized on 15 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 20:56, 16 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Frostythechristmastree.jpg was uncategorized on 26 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:10, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
Hello. An employee set up an account and incorrectly gave permissions for some company photographs that are copyrighted to be used for wikimedia commons (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/Falcon_Motorcycles_photos_uploaded_by_User:City_Of_Angels). The photos are owned by our photographer and we do not give permission AT ALL for them to be used. I have asked someone to nominate the files for deletion from this account, but a couple of editors are saying they are in use on various pages. I do not know how to use wikipedia sufficiently to where I can get them all properly removed, and desperately need help. Would you please be open to helping remove the photos from use on the various pages? There is also a gallery with a photo in it that we need to delete the gallery (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Falcon_Motorcycles) I would sincerely appreciate your help as a volunteer. Thank you so much
Keegan, I have made additional comment at the VP thread, as I think you might have overlooked the overall intent of the thread. Could you please respond there so that we all know about the copyvio issues, etc. Cheers, russavia (talk) 10:01, 9 May 2013 (UTC)
- Heya, I think you misunderstanding certain aspects of that thread, so I've followed it up again. Could you let us know about info-en-c and whether permissions-commons OTRS have access to it, and if not, can we have that rectified. I've tried getting this question answered now for a few days via different avenues, and nothing... :( Cheers, russavia (talk) 04:14, 10 May 2013 (UTC)