More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:UDSC logo 1 .gif was uncategorized on 5 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:49, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
|Wikimedia Commons does not accept derivative works of non-free works such as File:Pogoda4002.JPG. It only accepts free content, which is images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Reproductions of copyrighted works are also subject to the same copyright, and therefore this file must unfortunately be considered non-free. For more information, please read Commons:Derivative works and Commons:Freedom of panorama. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added has been deleted. If you believe that this file was not a derivative work of a non-free work, you may request undeletion.
- zdjęcia zdjęć/grafik/obrazów - jakkolwiek duży byłby twój wkład w nie (np. "artystyczne rozmycie") nie wnoszą na tyle oryginalności, żebyś mógł przypisać sobie do nich prawa autorskie. A twoja "interpretacja" nazywa się fachowo "pracą pochodną" (w odróżnieniu od oryginalnej). Porównaj to do napisania tekstu, który byłby wariacją twórczą na dany temat (np. scenariusza TV na podstawie książki) i pomyśl kto ma wtedy prawa autorskie. Masur (talk) 12:47, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
|File:UDSC logo 1 .gif has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.