|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Yann 12:38, 11 March 2007 (UTC)
Image:Spectrum locus 12.png
There appears to be a mistake in the labels. The top of the curve should be 380nm, not 440nm; the line of purples is not spectral. If you redraw it, please can you also show the projection plane so readers understand how the chromaticity diagram is derived? --Adoniscik 20:07, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
- As illustrated in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_vision, the peak sensitivity of the S cones lies around 440nm. 380nm waves lie in the ultraviolet range (UV-A), invisible by definition. Violet, in RGB color space approximated by mixing R and B, is a spectral color. I will add some more text in the description field. KoenB (talk) 10:01, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
Rendering of Tubular heat exchanger.png
- Hi Aushulz, I used Blender to put the image together and then YafRay (as a kind of plug-in) to render it. Im am btw not entirely satisfied with the result, because i feel that the inner part receives too little light. I'm pleased you like the image nevertheless! KoenB (talk) 06:26, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:00, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Fasendiagram-subl.svg is uncategorized since 22 May 2009.
- Image:Fasediagram-kook.svg is uncategorized since 1 June 2009.
- Image:Phase-diag nl.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Sr-isotopen-16.png was uncategorized on 10 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:11, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- ⧼Wikibase-terms/KoenB⧽: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.