More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Myrtle Corbin with husband and daughter.jpg was uncategorized on 19 April 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:51, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Frantisek Pacal 1908.ogg was uncategorized on 21 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:28, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Old Order Amish in the 20th century.png was uncategorized on 3 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:54, 4 December 2011 (UTC)
TUSC token db135237751149b7839066826759706f
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
The first version of this file was a crop of the original hi-res file (which I have later uploaded as planned), and was the first version released by the Curiosity site. If you revert again without first reaching a consensus here, I will consider this vandalism, and will consider taking admin action against you, which may even involve blocking you for a period of time. And for the record, I'm not an imposter and was merely trying to avoid duplicates. Rehman 23:25, 7 August 2012 (UTC)
Hi! Do you still want this category: Category:Maps of the Human Development Index? I can't tell if you accidentally created this category. If you find the time, could you have a look? Thanks! --Hedwig in Washington (Woof?) 15:15, 22 March 2013 (UTC)