Use of Hoover Dam Generator Picture
Just to let you know that I am using your picture in a power point text book for AP Physics to help illustrate electric generation through magnetic effects. Thank you.
Stan Eisenstein firstname.lastname@example.org
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Pdsounds.org-logo.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:36, 7 September 2011 (UTC)
Use of Tie-Dye Picture
Hello! I'm also using your tye-dye picture. It's going to be a background in a Gamestar Mechanic game (Wiki Page.) I plan to enter the game in a contest sponsered by Scholastic, in hopes of winning a 'Golden Key Award' and 1000 U.S dollars! The game? I'm still currently making it, but I should be able to post a link here when I'm done with it. -Robby P.S: You can look for me in GSM. My username is Thegreenrobby.
Hello! I'm also using your tie-dye picture on my blog. I have only just (September 2013) created an account here, so sorry for the delay. http://suesconsideredtrifles.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/in-vogue/ --Sue
Compost pile photo
Hi Siddharth Patil,
I am using your photo in a brochure about producing and selling compost in Oregon for the Oregon Department of Agriculture Pesticide Division. Of course I included an attribution crediting you for the photo. Thank you for making it available.
Hello Siddharth Patil, I'm using your photo (cropped for emphasis) in an article on IndianaLivingGreen.com on composting, and I'm making sure to credit you as the source. You can see it at http://www.indianalivinggreen.com/unearth-garden-gold-this-fall/ --Jennifer September 2012
- Thank you for using it! However, I'm getting a 404 when I go to that link. :-/ --Siddharth Patil (talk) 23:14, 18 September 2012 (UTC)
== Thank You for the Wikipedia Picture ==
Hello, My name is Duane Hurst and I recently made a free (non-commercial) English web site to share information with people. I added links to your Wikipedia/Wikimedia freeware picture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Coffea_canephora_berries.JPG). I also gave credit to you on my web pages for your work. Thank you for sharing with the public. My website is:
I add pictures such as yours to one of the following major sections of my site: 1. World section - contains information and over 10,000 images of every world country and territory. Link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/world/index.htm
2. USA section - contains information and images of every USA state and territory. Link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/world/usa/index.htm
3. English section - "Mel and Wes" lessons in conversation format. Stories are located in various USA states and world countries such as China, England, Germany, Japan, Mexico and Thailand. Each lesson has many slang terms and idioms, which I link to my Slang Dictionary. This eventually will have over 5,000 terms. Currently, it has about 3,000 slang and idioms. I regularly add new lessons and slang terms. Link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/english/lessons/index.htm Slang Dictionary link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/english/slang/Eslang_a.htm
Prior to retirement, I taught English at several private and public universities in the United States.
Please share this free site with your friends. I hope all will enjoy the pictures and find the English information useful. Sincerely, Duane Hurst in Utah, USA
Email address: email@example.com --126.96.36.199 15:25, 17 December 2012 (UTC)