More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Palagruža.jpg was uncategorized on 21 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:55, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:USGS Channa micropeltes distribution.gif was uncategorized on 11 September 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 12 September 2010 (UTC)
Your graphic Loricaria-eye.png looks like it was made with a vector graphic program (hopefully). It would be great to have this graphic as SVG file. If you still have the original vector graphic file it might be possible to export/convert to SVG. --Zapyon (talk) 07:56, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
- Hi, yes it was made using Inkscape (or some other Linux editor, I do not remember exactly) in SVG, however I do not know, whether and where I do have the original file. I will upload it if I happen to find it, however it may take some time (or be completely impossible) - I have moved several times since its creation. --Kyknos (talk) 11:05, 28 October 2011 (UTC)