- The following discussions from User talk:LX have been archived. Please do not change them. Any further comments, even if they deal with a matter discussed below, should be made at User talk:LX.
I can't talk in english.!!
Hello, I'm from Argentina, so aI can't speak you so much. Sorry. --Romance químico (talk) 16:17, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
I was thinking of recreating the deleted Hogwarts category in order to organize the related images in the Harry Potter category. However I thought I'd check in with you first as the deleting admin and also would like your opinion as to whether some of the relevant images in the parent category might be have to be deleted as derivative fanart. Thanks. --BrokenSphere 04:03, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- That was quite a while ago, but I believe the items in the category were clear-cut derivatives. I'm not really familiar enough with the original works to feel comfortable asserting that a Commons image is not a derivative, though (much less a whole set of images). If you feel unsure about individual images, I'd recommend bringing them up for discussion at COM:DEL. I have no objections to the category being recreated (but I'd encourage placing an informative notice about the pitfalls of fan art at the top). File:GranComedor.JPG, which is categorized into the (currently) nonexistent category, should be fine and is an indication that the deletion reason I stated may no longer apply. Thanks for asking! —LX (talk, contribs) 10:37, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
Unsigned message from an anonymous Argentinian fan
yu suck, motherfucker — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 18:38, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
- Tsk, tsk. Such a potty mouth. I think I'm awesome. Your dissent is noted but dismissed for lacking rationale and eloquence. —LX (talk, contribs) 18:48, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
Hi there. the written email permission will be sent to wikimedia-commons soon. I have contacted the photographe of the picture, and he agreed to give his picture freely for free use to wikimedia-commons. Please do not delete the picture as the permission email will be sent out soon. Thanks. -- Amsaim (talk) 13:28, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
I've received the written email permission of the picture, and forwarded the email to email@example.com. --Amsaim (talk) 11:40, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
Might as well say it :)
While understanding & respecting your position it would be great if you would get the tools back sometime. Commons could do with more people of your standing. Thanks for your continuing work & regards --Herby talk thyme 10:18, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. One can always hope for a change in consensus or silly laws. In the meantime, there's plenty of tasks that don't require special privileges. I've been pretty busy structuring Category:Sweden, Category:Stockholm and others, and it's good to get some time to focus on those things too. It's too bad we're so swamped with copyvio vandals that all active users are busy with deleting the bad content instead of organising the good stuff. —LX (talk, contribs) 10:23, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
Gianfranco Zola picture
This discussion has been moved back to User talk:PrJ 27#.7B.7BAutotranslate.7C1.3DFile:Zola chelsea.jpg.7Cbase.3DCopyvionote.2Fheading.7D.7D. Please respect my request to keep discussions where they started. Don't continue discussions from elsewhere on this page, as this makes discussions harder to follow. Thank you. —LX (talk, contribs) 07:16, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
I added all pictures (photographs) from the open source http://www.ugcc.org.ua/38.0.html and according the permission of the bishops. But I didn't know what I must write in data about pictures.
Herald63 (Herald63 (talk) 12:15, 23 August 2009 (UTC))
Wrong address, returning to sender ;)
As I did not provide the image but merely tried to improve it. --chris 論 17:31, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- I was just using the toolbox links to note the problems, and I did notice it ended up on your user talk page, but I figured it was only fair to also let you know your work may be undone because of the original uploader's omission. —LX (talk, contribs) 17:33, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, but I think the pic is hopeless anyway. Can't recognise a thing there ^^ --chris 論 17:42, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
All files uploaded by me have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests.
I licenced the ones I would like to use in my article (though I'm having a hard time finding a category - still working on that).
Could you please expalin to me why are these photos up for deletion and what it is I could do to solve the problem?
THANK YOU! 126.96.36.199 18:15, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Dear 188.8.131.52,
- You cannot upload any images without being logged in. Based on your edit to File:László Marton theate director.jpg, I'm guessing you are User:Dvornicsek. If so, please continue the discussion at Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by Dvornicsek to keep it in one place. I have also explained the reason for the nomination there. In short: it seems you are uploading and claiming to be the author and copyright holder of photos which were actually created by other people. You also appear to be claiming that the images have been published under licenses which there is no proof that the legitimate copyright holders have approved. —LX (talk, contribs) 18:34, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
This discussion has been moved back to User talk:Epeefleche#.7B.7BAutotranslate.7C1.3DFile:Grabow pitching cropped.jpg.7Cbase.3DCopyvionote.2Fheading.7D.7D. Please respect my request to keep discussions where they started. Don't continue discussions from elsewhere on this page, as this makes discussions harder to follow. Thank you. 19:29, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
Revisiting the montage
Regarding the Commons talk:Licensing discussion about File:Mac-O-Chee–Mac-A-Cheek montage.jpg, I've added a comment to clarify my position. Could/would you revisit the discussion? Nyttend (talk) 01:52, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- I see others have already responded, and I don't really think I have anything to add to their comments. —LX (talk, contribs) 05:43, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
Como sabés si es una foto protegida si yo mismo había preguntado si se puede conseguir?. Me respondieron que sí. Tú has leído los derechos CT/Creative Commons del sitio?. Wikipedia es un sitio pago? Me parece que jugaste muy mal. Te prometería que velvas a tirarte un balde para poder entender, si es posible que puedas desarrollar eso y leer si tienes tiempo, algo que está autorizado y no libre. como la foto que borraste. --Ervin (talk) 03:00, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- I don't speak Spanish. If you have questions in Spanish, you can ask them at Commons:Café.
- Yo no hablo español. Si usted tiene preguntas en español, usted puede pedir que en el Commons:Café. —LX (talk, contribs) 05:40, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
Photos of Lazio
This discussion has been moved back to User talk:Andrea 93#File Tagging File:Davide Ballardini cropped.JPG. Please respect my request to keep discussions where they started. Don't continue discussions from elsewhere on this page, as this makes discussions harder to follow. Thank you. 19:10, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
You have marked the photos that I have uploaded with an advice that says that I need to provide you an evidence of permission...
The permission of this photo is in the history, if you watch that history, you will see that the author (JPDD, an user of fotolog) uploaded more information to the photo, like the description.
And, how can I take the permission of this photo, if the author is not marked on the book that I took to upload this picture?, also that image is from the eighties! --BettasGDL (talk) 00:57, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
I am again,
--BettasGDL (talk) 00:57, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
Why you marked my photo like a noncommercial licence violation????
You can enter to the article of this store:  and you will see other photos of the same, why only my photo is candidate to be deleted!? That contents are only for illustrate the page, not for earn money.
I can see that, when I upload just 1 picture of whearever, this page makes me an interrogation about copyright and licence, and deletes that photo inmediatly if only one detail is lost....
If ALL of this strange rules are neccesary to upload one picture of me, it´s the last time that I contribute.
If you saw some mistakes of this text, is because I am MEXICAN and I'm trying to talk in english.
--BettasGDL (talk) 00:57, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
Tato fotografie je vlastnictvím ministerstva národní obrany (MNO), které dalo písemný souhlas (přes tiskového mluvčího) k zveřejnění fotografií, pod podmínkou, že bude uvedeno jako zdroj MNO. Písemný souhlas, jsem již v době zveřejnění zaslal na permission-commons. Předpokládám, že jako v případě obrázků výložek vojáků armády ČR, které také jsou vlastnictvím MNO a na které se vztahoval písemný souhlas a který byl taktéž zaslán na permission-commons, došlo k ignoraci z Vaší strany z důvodů jazykových. --Cassius Chaerea (talk) 12:52, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
FILE: Reason.jpg and Givemeup02.jpg
This discussion has been moved back to User talk:King Glenburg#File:Givemeup02.jpg. Please respect my request to keep discussions where they started. Don't continue discussions from elsewhere on this page, as this makes discussions harder to follow. Thank you. 15:18, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
File:Piantina di Nizza.png
This discussion has been moved back to User talk:Ciosl#File:Piantina di Nizza.png. Please respect my request to keep discussions where they started. Don't continue discussions from elsewhere on this page, as this makes discussions harder to follow. Thank you. 17:16, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
This discussion has been moved back to User talk:Barcex#File Tagging File:Aeroparque Jorge Newberry-Overview (by Darío Crusafón).jpg. Please respect my request to keep discussions where they started. Don't continue discussions from elsewhere on this page, as this makes discussions harder to follow. Thank you. 18:27, 5 October 2009 (UTC)