|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Please remember that all uploads require source, author and license information. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? Thank you. --Siebrand 17:06, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
Please stay on topic in Commons
Please don't post messages that are not relevant to Wikimedia Commons. The site does not host articles, only media files such as images, video and audio. Neither should the site be used for chatting, promotion, personal webpages or other such things. For more detail, see Commons:Project scope. Thank you. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 05:12, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Unicorn-petro-photo-photoglyph 3-16-2011.gif was uncategorized on 20 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:49, 21 March 2011 (UTC)