User talk:Lauro Chieza de Carvalho
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Lauro Chieza de Carvalho!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:53, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
- Image:XPS equipamento.jpg is uncategorized since 4 July 2009.
- Image:XPS espectro GaAs(100).jpg is uncategorized since 4 July 2009.
- Image:Reacao de Montenegro Leishmaniose reativa apos 48Horas.jpg was uncategorized on 21 February 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:13, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
- Image:PZ Myers Zoom gravata.png was uncategorized on 31 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:46, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Forcas entre elementos de volume.svg was uncategorized on 9 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:08, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
you have restricted the use of File:XPS equipamento.jpg to no-commercial. That contradicts the license under that you have released this image and is not allowed on Commons as per policy all image have to be copyright-free also for commercial use. So, please re-think it: either you allow commercial use and should then remove the restriction from the image description, or you dis-allow commercial use, then the file will be deleted. --Túrelio (talk) 10:38, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
- Sorry but it's a copyright violation. Although it's pretty simple, it's still a photo! So it is under copyright. --Filnik\b[Rr]ock\b!? 11:18, 28 December 2010 (UTC)
|File:Crocopato de ouro.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
|File:Crocopato.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
|File:Screenshot_google_pseudo.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
|File:Screenshot_google_pseudo_forca.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.