Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content).
You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold when contributing and assume good faith when interacting with others. This is a wiki.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 06:01, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Alfred A. Haase (German photographer) (1978).jpg is uncategorized since 2 August 2009.
- Image:Carl Rüedi, M.D. (Swiss lung expert) (c. 1885).jpg is uncategorized since 9 August 2009.
- Image:Außenwerbung ''Butler Reini'' (Balingen, 1950er Jahre).JPG was uncategorized on 10 October 2009.
- Image:Freilichtmuseum Heuneburg (Rekonstruierte Gebäude und Lehmziegelmauer).jpg was uncategorized on 11 October 2009.
- Image:Freilichtmuseum Heuneburg (Blick auf rekonstruierte Gebäude).jpg was uncategorized on 11 October 2009.
- Image:Ottobrunn Heimkehrer-Siedlung Jahnstraße 30 20100410.jpg was uncategorized on 29 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:09, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Ottobrunn Siedlung an Prinz-Otto-Straße Feldstraße 20100410.jpg was uncategorized on 29 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:09, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Ottobrunn Terrassenwohnanlage Ulmenstraße 2-4 20100408.jpg was uncategorized on 29 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:09, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2012!
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 350,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from 36 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2012.
- Message delivered by the Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 notification system on 16:24, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
File:Schokoladennikolaus Fa. Fohlmeister Rosenheim.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk. If you are the copyright holder and the creator of the file, please read Commons:But it's my own work! for tips on how to provide evidence of that.
The file you added has been deleted. If you have written permission from the copyright holder, please have them send us a free license release via COM:VRT. If you believe that the deletion was not in accordance with policy, you may request request undeletion. (It is not necessary to request undeletion if using VRT; the file will be automatically restored at the conclusion of the process.)Warning: Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
- File:Schokoladennikolaus Fa. Hellemann Woringen.jpg
- File:Schokoladennikolaus Rückseite Fa. Fohlmeister Rosenheim.jpg
File:Ein Münchner im Himmel (Hofbräuhaus).JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. Please see Commons:But it's my own work! for a guide on how to address these issues.
sугсго 12:30, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Monuments ti aspetta, con centinaia di nuovi comuni fotografabili
Gentile LepoRello, ti ringraziamo ancora una volta per la tua passata partecipazione a Wiki Loves Monuments (WLM). Il più grande concorso fotografico del mondo si svolge anche questo settembre per documentare e promuovere il patrimonio culturale italiano, con una licenza copyright libera.
Quest'anno è doppiamente facile partecipare: gli oggetti fotografabili coprono quasi 1000 comuni in più, grazie all'adesione di centinaia di nuovi enti fra cui Roma, e alla possibilità di fotografare circa 2000 alberi monumentali. Controlla le liste di monumenti fotografabili! Carica tutte le foto che hai e magari organizza una visita presso i monumenti che ancora non hanno una foto.
Quest'oggi il Parlamento europeo ha respinto la proposta di estendere la libertà di panorama. E allora scattiamo e pubblichiamo tutte le foto che possiamo, almeno per questi monumenti per cui ci è legalmente consentito!
Grazie, Nemo 16:06, 12 September 2018 (UTC)