More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:001 Chains of StPeter.jpg was uncategorized on 10 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:52 Namnberget, detalj.jpg was uncategorized on 15 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:09, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
HD och FoP
- Det finns poänger med det och kommer säkert att bli tvunget. Samtidigt är var och en själv ansvarig för att de bilder som laddats upp följer respektive regelverk. Jag vet inte hur Commons ställer sig till raderingen med avseende på HD:s avgörande. Jag tror att de anser att de ska raderas. En deletion request ger det svaret.--LittleGun (talk) 15:14, 4 April 2016 (UTC)
File:Moules frites wth rose and pastis.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
- Haha;) Edaen (talk) 10:46, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
- Edaen: kan du förklara?--LittleGun (talk) 10:51, 27 September 2017 (UTC)