|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:St Peters Italian Church.jpg was uncategorized on 23 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:02, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Southend Pier in 2011.jpg was uncategorized on 1 February 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:10, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
Your account will be renamed
21:49, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
04:06, 21 April 2015 (UTC)