Hi Malkinann, welcome to the Commons. Please don't upload thumbnails. I have deleted Image:653px-Rottnest Quokka 2004 SeanMcClean.jpg and uploaded Image:Rottnest Quokka 2004 SeanMcClean.jpg and fixed the link in wikispecies. --Avatar 00:24, 29 October 2005 (UTC)
- I also deleted and uploaded the original version of Image:691px-BlueTonguedLizard 2005 SeanMcClean.jpg and Image:597px-QuongdongNut 2005 SeanMcClean.jpg --Avatar 00:44, 29 October 2005 (UTC)
re:Source for Romeo and Juliet images
It's been two years ago... it's hard to fix it. Really sorry, about the Kasarvina and Lifar I can't find the author's name, and since we can't be totally sure he died 70 years ago, probably the picture will be deleted. About the Arthur Brooke one, i'll try to remember and find the source. --Yuma (talk) 04:13, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Jason Thompson writer.jpg was uncategorized on 28 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:01, 29 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Jason Thompson writer crop.jpg was uncategorized on 28 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:01, 29 November 2009 (UTC)
TUSC token 11f8f45fa09101ada208659a9bcdeb05
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!