- 1 0ne Question
- 2 Do you understand what pd-ineligible is?
- 3 Public domain
- 4 Bizeo image
- 5 File:Xblansh 056.jpg
- 6 File:Infologo.jpg
- 7 Deletion as a means of clearing the backlog
- 8 File:Saving_Aimee_Dundee_Doghouse.jpg
- 9 About the picture hanatarash09.jpg
- 10 File:Gulf_of_Tonkin_Kn11060.jpg
- 11 Inactive Image-reviewers
Hi, Malo! I have a question. I'm a newcomer here, but I don't know how I can find pictures and help Wiimedia Commons. I mean, in other places it doesn't say 'file:' and those things, so how can I put it in? Spinky (talk) 03:09, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
- Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but the search function is very useful. You can search for all sorts of information there. Commons is mostly a repository for other Wikimedia projects such as wikipedia, wikiquote, or wikinews among others. There are relatively few articles on commons, it is mostly images and other files. Try exploring Categories. For example Category:Cats. What sort of info are you looking for? -- malo (talk) 03:31, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
- Well, actually, on second thought, my sister said that I have to take a picture myself, and put it up. So I decided I think I wouldn't be too useful here. :( I was kicked off Simple English Wikipedia, and still active on Corean Wikipedia. Anyway, well, that's not the main point. :p I think I'll be too unuseful here, now I can see. I think I'll just have to retire. :) Well, have a nice day! Spinky (talk) 08:51, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
Do you understand what pd-ineligible is?
Do you? -Nard the Bard 02:46, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
- works ineligible for copyright and hence in the public domain, whats your point? -- malo (talk) 02:48, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
- Like this one? -Nard the Bard 03:04, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
- You may not have placed a copyright on the images you "created", however there is a clearly a copyright logo at the bottom of an image, and software that isn't freely licensed, cannot typically have freely usable screenshots. I think the only legitimate license for this is fair use, which is not permitted on commons. -- malo (talk) 12:48, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
Hi Malo, I've changed your speedy nomination of File:Xblansh 056.jpg to a regular deletion review at Commons:Deletion requests/File:Xblansh 056.jpg. With regards your speedy nomination, it is considered good form to inform the uploader of the speedy. The speedy infobox produces a four choice of four templates from which you can clone the most appropriate and paste on the uploader's talk page.KTo288 (talk) 21:57, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
Deletion as a means of clearing the backlog
Hi Malo, re deletion as a means of clearing the uncategorised backlog, have a look at File:卓韻芝cheuk wan chi7.jpg its history and DR as I think it is a case in point of why I dislike this approach, I know you didn't nominate this one but the fact that it was uncategorised and unused for a year and a half doesn't mean it was uncategorisable, out of scope or useless.--KTo288 (talk) 02:27, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
I have re-added an appropriate license. If you check the history you will see that I uploaded it with the correct license but an anonymous IP address edit removed it some time ago. Citizensmith (talk) 12:58, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
About the picture hanatarash09.jpg
|File:Gulf_of_Tonkin_Kn11060.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
SpeakFree (talk) 14:16, 23 July 2011 (UTC)
Hello Malo, there is a discussion about a request regarding your image-reviewer userright, which have never been used or not used recently. You can participate discussion in Commons:Administrators' noticeboard#Inactive_Image-reviewers. This is just a notification of discussion you may be involved. Best regards, --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:54, 2 February 2015 (UTC)