User talk:Mark v1.0
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Rapides du Cheval Blanc 010.jpg was uncategorized on 22 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:15, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Rapides du Cheval Blanc 06.jpg was uncategorized on 22 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:15, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Rapides du Cheval Blanc 009.jpg was uncategorized on 22 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:15, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Three benchs June16th 2011 006.jpg was uncategorized on 22 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:15, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Rapides du Cheval Blanc.jpg was uncategorized on 22 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:15, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
File:Cyborg or Bionic man six million dollar man.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. Please see Commons:But it's my own work! for a guide on how to address these issues.
File:Shetland pony inbred.jpg
I think the idea is that the horses merely serve as visual "anchors" to demonstrate how many horses we're talking about; they do it better than the significant elements (the capital and lowercase "A"s) would do by themselves. Those "A" and "a" letters are the only parts that matter, for practical purposes. Nyttend (talk) 06:36, 8 February 2016 (UTC)
File:The Bridge on the River Kwai 1957 film.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk. If you are the copyright holder and the creator of the file, please read Commons:But it's my own work! for tips on how to provide evidence of that.
The file you added has been deleted. If you have written permission from the copyright holder, please have them send us a free license release via COM:VRT. If you believe that the deletion was not in accordance with policy, you may request request undeletion. (It is not necessary to request undeletion if using VRT; the file will be automatically restored at the conclusion of the process.)Warning: Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.