Request for rights
Hiya MS, A quick request - can you pls add rollback rights to my account per Commons:Rollback? A vandal (User:PrakashAdhikari) has just tagged all my uploads from the last ~7 years as copyvio (retaliatory tagging), they are some 50 or 60 files – I'd love to speed up the revert process. Thanks, — kashmīrī 18:34, 22 August 2020 (UTC)
Block of user?
Hi! Could you have a look at User_talk:ほくなん#File:Ginga_fall.jpg? It says that the user have been blocked but I don't see that user is blocked and the user have no edits since 2010 so there is no reason to block. --MGA73 (talk) 10:50, 25 August 2020 (UTC)
Dear Materialscientist, You said "no, it was extracted from the Anefo image". Zuid Vietnamese commandant Khank (kop), Bestanddeelnr 916-7642.jpg is the same Anefo image, from the original source at Nationaal Archief. Vysotsky (talk) 20:16, 27 August 2020 (UTC)
- This is a matter of timing - I've done most of my uploads and crop of Anefo images around 2014, years before the mass uploads by Mr.Nostalgic. Most often I also cleaned up the Anefo images. What happened next was this: editors started substituting my uploads with Mr.Nostalgic's ones and delete mine. Don't take me wrong, I have great respect to Mr.Nostalgic and his work, but those blind substitutions and deletions were out of line. Materialscientist (talk) 07:53, 28 August 2020 (UTC)
- Dear Materialscientist, I have never blindly substituted uploads by others with uploads by Mr.Nostalgic. I do have replaced dozens of Anefo images by versions in higher resolution, and there are still dozens of now lowres Anefo images in Commons that would benefit from a replacement by a version in higher resolution (preferably identically cropped), see e.g. File:Prince_Friso_1986.jpg (105 kB) and File:Foto uurtje Koninklijke Familie op Huis ten Bosch Prins Johan Friso, Bestanddeelnr 253-8986.jpg (1.07 MB). Don't worry: this will not be one of my new projects. Vysotsky (talk) 00:26, 30 August 2020 (UTC)
File:Alfredo Stroessner Paraguay stamp.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Notification about possible deletion
Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
- File:Alfredo Stroessner2.jpg
- File:Silvio Pettirossi 1954 Paraguay stamp.jpg
- File:Uphoff, Theodorescu, Linsenhoff, Klimke 1986 Paraguay stamp crop5.jpg
- File:Uphoff, Theodorescu, Linsenhoff, Klimke 1989 Paraguay stamp crop2.jpg
- File:Uphoff, Theodorescu, Linsenhoff, Klimke 1989 Paraguay stamp crop3.jpg
- File:Uphoff, Theodorescu, Linsenhoff, Klimke 1989 Paraguay stamp crop4.jpg
- Sweetie0987, that the actress wants the recent picture is irrelevant here. The issue is that all images on Commons must be explicitly released under a free licence, which includes allowing commercial use. There is no evidence on the source page (which is not the same photo) that that is the case. -mattbuck (Talk) 20:40, 7 September 2020 (UTC)
Sorry I made the edits
Hi, I would just like to say I'm incredibly sorry for what I did.