|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 22:50, 3 January 2008 (UTC)
Wrt the Gates image
Go the Jon Iron's image of Gates on Flickr and click on its particular "some rights reserved" symbol (a little man with a circle around it). It takes you to the Creative Commons Attribution page: a free-use license even less restritive than Commons and Wikipedia's own GNU Free Documentation License. (The difference is that GFDL requires the user to also license the end product under a free-use license, whereas Creative Commons doesn't.)Justmeherenow (talk) 14:40, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Mac Mini 2010.jpg was uncategorized on 9 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:59, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
File:Netflix_XBox_Live.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk. blocked from editing.
|Hello, Mattnad. You have new messages at Stefan4's talk page.
This media has been deleted.