Structured Commons focus group update, Nov 21, 2017
Hello! You are receiving this message because you signed up for the the community focus group for Structured Commons :-)
- IRC office hour today, 21 November, 18.00 UTC
- The IRC office hour about Structured Commons takes place at 18:00 UTC in wikimedia-office webchat. Amanda, Ramsey and I will give updates about the project, and you can ask us questions. The log will be published afterwards.
- Tools update
Many important community tools for Commons and Wikidata will benefit from an update to structured data in the future. You can help indicate which tools will need attention:
- Check this Google spreadsheet and leave your comments (ping me if you'd like full editing access to the spreadsheet)
- More and more tools will also be tracked on Phabricator and on the tools inventory page. Feel free to add and edit.
Structured Commons focus group update, December 11, 2017
Hello! You are receiving this message because you signed up for the community focus group for Structured Commons :-)
Later this week, a full newsletter will be distributed, but you are the first to receive an update on new requests for feedback.
- Three requests for feedback
- We received many additions to the spreadsheet that collects important Commons and Wikidata tools. Thank you! Now, you can participate in a survey that helps us understand and prioritize which tools and functionalities are most important for the Wikimedia Commons and Wikidata communities. The survey runs until December 22. Here's some background.
- Help the team decide on better names for 'captions' and 'descriptions'. You can provide input until January 3, 2018.
- Help collect interesting Commons files, to prepare for the data modelling challenges ahead! Continuous input is welcome there.
|It’s time to unfold new pages and start a new chapter in your life because it’s New Year.
. --The Photographer 14:52, 28 December 2017 (UTC)
Retiring as crat and admin
Hi, talk page watchers. Just a note to let you know that as I haven't been able to retain my earlier levels of enthusiasm and interest for quite a few months now, I've decided to retire from my Commons crat and admin roles, and also from OTRS. I'll still be around as a normal editor, both here and on Wikipedia, and I look forward to keeping in touch. MichaelMaggs (talk) 14:14, 14 January 2018 (UTC)
- hi, I saw the request on meta, and wanted to drop by to say thanks for everything. Artix Kreiger (talk) 14:40, 14 January 2018 (UTC)
- All the best, thanks for the work and hope life is good. Best --Herby talk thyme 15:18, 14 January 2018 (UTC)
- :-( —MarcoAurelio 16:05, 14 January 2018 (UTC)
- Your intellectual muscles match Arnold Schwarzenegger's any day, so I hope your saying I'll be back in the next episode ! Regards, P.g.champion (talk) 16:49, 14 January 2018 (UTC)
- All the best from me as well. Take care and see you soon hopefully. Trijnsteltalk 22:14, 14 January 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry to read this. Thanks for your help and advice over the years in this role. Hope you find your incentive again for some photography perhaps. -- Colin (talk) 08:48, 15 January 2018 (UTC)
Structured Commons - Design feedback request: Multilingual Captions
Hello! You are receiving this message because you signed up for the the community focus group for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons.
The Structured Data on Commons team has a new design feedback request up for Multilingual Captions support in the Upload Wizard. Visit the page for more information about the potential designs. Discussion and feedback is welcome there.
On a personal note, you'll see me posting many of these communications going forward for the Structured Data project, as SandraF transitions into working on the GLAM side of things for Structured Data on Commons full time. For the past six months she's been splitting time between the two roles (GLAM and Community Liaison). I'm looking forward to working with you all again. Thank you, happy editing. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 15:09, 24 January 2018 (UTC)