More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 19:51, 20 September 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Собор Сампсониевский в Санкт-Петербурге 7810200000.jpg was uncategorized on 22 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 16:04, 23 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Колокольня Сампсониевского собора.jpg was uncategorized on 22 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 16:04, 23 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Казанский собор летом.jpg was uncategorized on 23 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 17:42, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
По поводу ваших фото Политеха на конкурс
Пожалуйста, помещайте их не в корень категории Cultural heritage monuments in Saint Petersburg, а в Old buildings of Saint Petersburg Polytechnical University. Советую для этого использовать Cat-a-lot, его можно найти на вкладке "Гаджеты" своих настроек. Ain92 (talk) 00:26, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
- В связи с замечанием одной из организаторов конкурса поясняю: это совершенно необязательно, пользоваться предложенным гаджетом рекомендую (сам это делаю), но если у вас будет время и желание разобраться, то имеет смысл попробовать эти фотографии переложить в подкатегорию. Если же термины "гаджет" или "категория" не говорят вам ровным счётом ничего, просто не обращайте внимания на это сообщение. Во всяком случае, не следует думать, что вы что-то сделали неправильно. (= Ain92 (talk) 17:53, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
Modelena, я убрал из описания File:Собор Сампсониевский.jpg кусок текста - он откуда-то заимствован, не важно откуда - текст повторяется слово в слово на разных веб-страницах, потому считаю его "не свободным". NVO (talk) 20:56, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 has finished
- Message delivered by Lucia Bot in 23:59, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
Though the collection of images for the contest has been completed (as we informed you previously), the organizers of the contest "Wikipedia loves Petersburg" are glad to update you on the current course of events.
Our jury is working hard; on November, 1 it will declare the winners and the recipients of special prizes. We ask those of you who have not yet set up an e-mail address to do it at user preferences page so that the jury could contact the participants of the contest and to hand out the awards. The winners of the European-wide Wiki Loves Monuments competition will be announced later, in mid-November.
Already on November 2 in St. Petersburg, the Art-hotel "Rachmaninov", located on 5, Kazanskaya St., will open an exhibition of works by the participants of the contest. We inform you about the opening time via the website http://wikilovesmonuments.ru/
If you have any questions or need help with Wikimedia Commons, you can contact user kaganer. You can ask any questions about the contest by sending an e-mail to infowikimedia.ru
Thank you again for your participation!.
"Wikipedia loves Petersburg" contest results are summed up
On November, 1 the winners of the contest "Wiki Loves Monuments" were announced.
It was difficult to select the winners. More than 450 users participated in the contest, having uploaded more than 4400 photographs. The Organizing Committee thanks everybody who took part, tried their hands, and agreed to make their work available to the whole world. There is fascinating work ahead of Wikipedia users: To employ the images to illustrate the articles in Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia which is available in 270 languages.
Do not get upset if you have not won. Look into Wikipedia articles - you may soon find your work there, to help people to visualise the buildings you have taken photographs of. Besides, we will contact you to hand you in a souvenir to recognize your particiation. We hope you will accept this sign of our gratitude.
If you have a chance, you can visit the exhibition of photographs, which has been organized in Saint Petersburg and shows some of the photographs submitted to the contest.
We hope you will participate in the future competitions planned by Wikimedia RU and thank you for your contribution.
You can ask any questions about the contest by sending an e-mail to infowikimedia.ru.
In the name of the Organizing Committee,
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.