Discussion archives can be found here: User talk:Mr.Nostalgic/Archive
Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content). You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold contributing here and assume good faith for the intentions of others. This is a wiki — it is really easy.
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 14:32, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
File:Nationale manifestatie van de Mobiele Brigade in Utrech begroeting tussen Prinse, Bestanddeelnr 911-3191.jpg
Hallo Mr.Nostalgic wat doe ik met de beschrijving van deze afbeelding die duidelijk niet correct is? :) ~~
Hi, I can see you have been overwriting old released of photographs from the RM with newer versions. Though fine in theory, please be aware that some of these are not simply upgrading of resolution, but are quite different photographs with different lighting technique. In the case of File:Twee evangelisten Rijksmuseum SK-A-3979.jpeg, the lighting is so very different that the two versions are definitely worth hosting on Commons as separate files. Please have a rethink about your approach to overwriting these works. Thanks --Fæ (talk) 12:09, 14 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Fæ: Hi, For me it is very hard to know what is the best painting since i am not a art expert. Is it ok if i send you a list with the files i changed so you can refert if you think the previous one is better? Then the higher resolution file is stil available with the same data added to it and users can still choose to see that file if they want to.
- Regars, Mr.Nostalgic (talk) 15:57, 14 January 2019 (UTC)
- No, I'm too busy to tidy this up. I can see some of the latest photographs have quite different colour profiles, for example File:Portret van Nicolaas Schmelzing Rijksmuseum SK-A-550.jpeg looks very different. With this level of difference they should be separate files. I'll raise a question at COM:AN as the colour profile problem has a long history. --Fæ (talk) 16:15, 17 January 2019 (UTC)
- Raised at Commons:Administrators'_noticeboard#Rijksmuseum_overwrites for opinions. Thanks --Fæ (talk) 16:24, 17 January 2019 (UTC)
@Mr.Nostalgic: ik zag dat Mr.Nostalgic uploaded a new version of File:Het vertrouwelijk onderhoud Rijksmuseum SK-C-201.jpeg voorbijkomen. Er is er nog eentje dat boven komt drijven wanneer meen vertrouwelijk onderhoud ingeeft. Ik vroeg me dan ook af of het misschien nuttig kan zijn te hernoemen: bv. File:Vertrouwelijk onderhoud by Quiringh Gerritsz. van Brekelenkam - Rijksmuseum SK-A-685.jpeg. Thanks. Lotje (talk) 07:59, 18 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Lotje: Hoi Lotje, ga gerust je gang. Zelf heb ik niet zoveel verstand van wat beter is of niet. Groetjes, Alf
- @Lotje: Hoi Lotje, Dat is denk ik per ongeluk gebeurd door een programma wat ik gedraaid heb om wat fouten te herstellen. Zou je het in oorde willen maken? Groetjes, Alf