Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content).
You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold when contributing and assume good faith when interacting with others. This is a wiki.
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
If you want to leave me a message, it is much better to do so in my Wikipedia talk page.
A beer for you!
|thank you Sexymax15 (talk) 10:57, 9 November 2011 (UTC)|
Re: Home and Away
Hey, Barrenjoey/Pittwater are locations used for filming the programme - they've filmed there since the show started.Raintheone (talk) 21:39, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
- As I said, in that case categorize the category, not the specific images. --Muhandes (talk) 21:55, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
- Well my view was that those two were suitable for use with the main Home and Away topics - whereas diagrams have little association.Raintheone (talk) 22:12, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
Requesting undeletion of my own work
Three images which are my own works and uploaded to Wikimedia Commons were deleted quoted to be violating your policies. I have requested undeletion for those three file. --Bala8vijay (talk) 11:53, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
- I am not an admin. You seem to know about Commons:Undeletion requests, which is the way to go anyway, or you could approach the deleting admin. You will most likely need to provide some permission to use these images, for example from Association of Civil Engineering - Anna University of Technology, Tiruchirappalli or from The AUTianz. If this is not available and if the images are to be used in an article about the subject itself, you can also upload them directly to the relevant Wikipedia and use non-free usage rationale, an option which does not exist in the commons. --Muhandes (talk) 12:45, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue. Please see Commons:But it's my own work! for a guide on how to address these issues.
Yours sincerely, Ras67 (talk) 19:39, 11 December 2016 (UTC)
Possible copyright violations
Could you please take a look at Special:ListFiles/Bharat.varsh. Most of the files seem possible copyright violations. I've nominated some for deletion, but not sure what to do with the rest. Thanks and best regards--Siddhartha Ghai (talk) 14:07, 31 July 2018 (UTC)
- I listed them all for deletion. --Muhandes (talk) 14:32, 3 August 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you :) --Siddhartha Ghai (talk) 13:12, 6 August 2018 (UTC)
All my upload
All my upload both university, Polytechnic and college and business Logo were copyright free. It can be verified. And the one that is not my work were given permission by the respective institutions to be uploaded in order to complete the Wikipedia article of the respective institutions. Alphaechoromeo (talk) 19:06, 8 October 2022 (UTC)
- @Alphaechoromeo: Why are you telling me this? If you have proof that these are "copyright free", correct the attribution. I have nothing I can help you with. --Muhandes (talk) 19:22, 8 October 2022 (UTC)