Welcome to Wikimedia Commons, NYMFan69-86!
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
This will make the diagram show up in the categories "Astronomical diagrams" and "Comets".
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
) 10:49, 3 January 2010 (UTC)
Hello there. I know how you feel, but practice makes perfect. But either way, lets see what I can do for you. When I got your message, I felt like I was on a quest. But anyway, I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty and made a vector image of these turtles areas. It only took me about an hour to do this from scratch, but I enjoyed the challenge. But I know this wasn't what you asked of me, but this can help you out as you can work on it too. If you have any more questions, let me know. --NuclearVacuum (talk) 20:14, 3 June 2010 (UTC)
- That's gorgeous. I can't thank you enough. Good man.--NYMFan69-86 (talk) 20:36, 3 June 2010 (UTC)
..if so, you may be able to find something to photo once the rain clears out this afternoon. The Bicentennial garden, bog garden or the arboretum are all great for photo opps. With the continued warmth & rain, critters are likely to pop out. :)
⋙–Berean–Hunter—► ((⊕)) 16:14, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
- I do have a camera. In the next couple of days to a week or so I will look into those two locations. Or perhaps I could visit a local aquarium or something and snap a quick photo. If I capture anything, I'll run it by an expert to confirm the subspecies. Thanks! --NYMFan69-86 (talk) 18:05, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
- 3 places...Bicentennial gardens is across the street from the Bog garden. Here's a map. The wiki articles for the two I linked in the first post are missing photos and there is no article yet for the Bicentennial garden (you could write it if so inclined). Enjoy yourself,
⋙–Berean–Hunter—► ((⊕)) 19:06, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
- I'll definitely check them out. I'll also take zillions of photos of turtles and locations. Thanks for the map and everything else!--NYMFan69-86 (talk) 02:06, 21 October 2010 (UTC)
3D works of art
Hi! You recently uploaded several images of statues in the Tanger Family Bicentennial Garden. Unfortunately, there is no freedom of panorma within the United States for 3D works of art. As such, these images constitute derivative works of the artist's original work, and are not free of copyright. I have marked File:"The Student" sculpture.jpg, File:On the Fence sculpture.jpg and File:Sundial at Bicentennial Garden.jpg for deletion due to this copyright violation. Thank you, --Hammersoft (talk) 13:33, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
- Deepest apologies, I had not realized this. I've removed them from all pages on wikipedia and commons. Again, sorry.--NYMFan69-86 (talk) 17:48, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
Re: I hate to even ask this...
Hello there. Sorry I didn't respond, but I haven't been on commons for a while now. As for maps, I am happy to say that I have been getting lots of requests for maps lately. Because of that, I have now opened up commissions.  --NuclearVacuum (talk) 01:14, 3 November 2010 (UTC)
- I'll figure something else out. Thanks though.--NYMFan69-86 (talk) 18:28, 3 November 2010 (UTC)