TUSC token 779847d364f6763ec3407becea4c6cea
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 21:16, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Milner - Campbell lighter.JPG was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:James Milner Phillips.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
Hi Nancy, I have removed your request to speedy delete this file as I do not see this as a copyright violation because the depicted foundry mark is in my opinion ineligible for copyright. Speedy deletions are reserved for clear-cut cases. In all other cases, a regular deletion request has to be opened. Regards, AFBorchert (talk) 19:09, 4 December 2009 (UTC)