User talk:Nard the Bard/archive1

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
User talk:Nard the Bard/archive1
User talk:Nard the Bard/archive2
User talk:Nard the Bard/archive3
User talk:Nard the Bard/archive4
User talk:Nard the Bard/archive5

Contents

ISSUES?[edit]

What issues do I have that you have to insult me for?-- Hornetman16 23:01, 28 June 2007 (UTC)

  • You've been very passionate in deletion discussions on the English Wikipedia about your emotional problems. However they have no place in deletion discussions. -Nard 23:05, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
    • How dare you insult me!!! I didn't register here to be insulted! I'm Bipolar andI can get nasty and I don't want to get that way so please stop!!!!-- Hornetman16 23:09, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
      • The truth sometimes hurts. -Nard 23:16, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
        • You are are a Jackass sometimes! The fact you attack me like that hurts! And what Truth are you talking about?-- Hornetman16 23:27, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
          • The truth I speak of is the fact that just because something hurts your head doesn't mean other people have to listen to it. It doesn't hurt our heads. I know of the other Truth, the one about Jesus. Jesus never said we couldn't look at naked pictures. -Nard 23:38, 28 June 2007 (UTC)

Jesus would surely frown on it and by the way God said obey those that have rule over you. Which florida law does. And that photo breaks it!-- Hornetman16 23:47, 28 June 2007 (UTC)

Hornetman stop it. I can see nothing for you to gain from harassing Nard in this matter. Your approach is highly disruptive. You've said your piece in the deletion discussion, now please let the discussion continue and allow the Commons community to reach a consensus on this image. WjBscribe 02:35, 29 June 2007 (UTC)

Then why do you keep commenting?-- Hornetman16 03:01, 29 June 2007 (UTC)

Probably because I have something sensible to contribute to the discussion - i.e. replies to Nard's questions about Commons policy and various countries' personality laws? WjBscribe 03:58, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
Thing is the Wikimedia Projects are forced to follow only Florida Law cause That's were both the headquaters are and the servers so technicly the only laws that really apply are those in Florida!-- Hornetman16 04:55, 29 June 2007 (UTC)

UbiSoft stuff[edit]

They were tagged as copyright violation by Holek: EXIT was published by Ubisoft, but not created by. So the file doesn't comply the Ubisoft's attrbution. and Far Cry was published by Ubisoft, but not created by. So the file doesn't comply the Ubisoft's attrbution. -- Bryan (talk to me) 14:33, 9 July 2007 (UTC)

Image:2004 Poppy Quarter.jpg[edit]

Image deletion warning Image:2004 Poppy Quarter.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.

If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. If the file is up for deletion because it has been superseded by a superior derivative of your work, consider the notion that although the file may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new file.
In all cases, please do not take the deletion request personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you!

Afrikaans | العربية | বাংলা | Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | Català | Čeština | Dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | עברית | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Íslenska | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Македонски | മലയാളം | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | Norsk nynorsk | Norsk bokmål | Occitan | Polski | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Русский | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | Shqip | Српски / srpski | Svenska | Türkçe | українська | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−

--Jusjih 15:15, 10 July 2007 (UTC)

Thanks![edit]

Thanks for your support!   — Jeff G. (talk|contribs) 20:11, 12 July 2007 (UTC)

Bundesministerium für gesundheit.jpg[edit]

Note that there is FOP in Germany. I deleted the photo because of the incompatible flickr license. Regards, --Polarlys 19:59, 13 July 2007 (UTC)

I just saw your copy&paste templates for flickr: Do you know en:AutoHotkey? This tool provides the possibility to use individual abbreviatons like ns# to print things like {{Flickrreview|N|15-July-2007|cc-by-nc-sa-2.0}}. Regards, --Polarlys 00:20, 15 July 2007 (UTC)


Michael Moore image[edit]

Image:MooreKucinich.jpg

I am not sure why this image has been listed for deletion. The author sent OTRS permission to permissions-en@wikimedia.org, confirming its release under the GDFL license. If you could please add this information to the image, it'd be appreciated. Bbsrock 01:36, 16 July 2007 (UTC)

Re: Your message[edit]

Could you kindly point me to what you refer to, please? --User:G.dallorto 19:34, 21 July 2007 (UTC)

Hallo, I Checked here: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castelleone_di_Suasa#Chiese , and the entry says the doors were built after the 1997 earthquake. therefore very much recent, I'm afraid.
Do as you please, it is patent you can't tell a XX century work of art from a X century work of art. Pity for you. --User:G.dallorto 21:18, 21 July 2007 (UTC)

About Commons:Deletion requests/Image:Buttocks.jpg[edit]

It's not copyright paranoia from your part after all. It's really a screencap from a Italian movie. See my comment there. Best regards, --Abu badali 13:59, 26 July 2007 (UTC)


Image:Saddam_rumsfeld.jpg[edit]

Image deletion warning Image:Saddam_rumsfeld.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.

If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. If the file is up for deletion because it has been superseded by a superior derivative of your work, consider the notion that although the file may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new file.
In all cases, please do not take the deletion request personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you!

Afrikaans | العربية | বাংলা | Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | Català | Čeština | Dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | עברית | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Íslenska | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Македонски | മലയാളം | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | Norsk nynorsk | Norsk bokmål | Occitan | Polski | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Русский | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | Shqip | Српски / srpski | Svenska | Türkçe | українська | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−

howcheng {chat} 22:43, 26 July 2007 (UTC)

Image:Shakinghands high.OGG[edit]

Image deletion warning Image:Shakinghands high.OGG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.

If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. If the file is up for deletion because it has been superseded by a superior derivative of your work, consider the notion that although the file may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new file.
In all cases, please do not take the deletion request personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you!

Afrikaans | العربية | বাংলা | Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | Català | Čeština | Dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | עברית | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Íslenska | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Македонски | മലയാളം | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | Norsk nynorsk | Norsk bokmål | Occitan | Polski | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Русский | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | Shqip | Српски / srpski | Svenska | Türkçe | українська | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−

  — Jeff G. (talk|contribs) 23:55, 28 July 2007 (UTC)

Image:Ralphnadernpr.jpg[edit]

Fixed, the correct link is this. Thank you, Loco085 msg 18:53, 29 July 2007 (UTC)

Deleting map[edit]

Do you want to say that users from wiki do not have right to demand deletion of photo, map (or something else) which is used on wiki or ... ?? Rjecina 22:00, 29 July 2007 (UTC)

  • No, I can note they are single purpose accounts! -Nard 22:23, 29 July 2007 (UTC)
    • To tell truth we in Balcans (and Hungary, and Romania) are simple afraid of Greater Serbia maps. I know that you do not agree but territory under occupation need to have different color of normal, home territory. Story how Vojvodina assembly has declared union with Serbia is typical farse of occupation force. This fact is shown from nationality of assembly members which nobody has elected. 578 of 757 (76.35 %) have been Serbs in time when Serbs has been only 33.8 % of population. ---Rjecina 22:31, 29 July 2007 (UTC)

Egypt tag[edit]

Hi, any thing before 1987, and yes I am a native speaker :). --Tarawneh 03:07, 31 July 2007 (UTC)

Please remain civil[edit]

Please remain civil and do not insult. Lycaon 19:12, 31 July 2007 (UTC)

  • It was a good-natured, off-topic Homer Simpson quote. It wasn't directed towards anybody in the discussion. -Nard 19:19, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
    • OK. Should have guessed... Lycaon 19:42, 31 July 2007 (UTC)

That template[edit]

Those maps are being used at Wikinews for a breaking story, any ideas on where to get fast replacements? As I commented at the deletion discussion and at the licensing talk page, on reflection, that law does not make things PD... fool me once, shame on me! ++Lar: t/c 21:12, 2 August 2007 (UTC)

Thank you[edit]

Let me offer my wholehearted thanks for undoing the bot edit that closed the deletion request for all of my common pictures. I had such faith that I'd be able to work things out nicely by talking to the nominator etc. then some bot goes ahead and deletes all my stuff. It would have been a pain to re-upload all the files. the preceding unsigned comment was added by Fcb981 (talk • contribs)

  • The bot didn't actually delete your files. It was a funny glitch in the system is all. -Nard 10:33, 3 August 2007 (UTC)

Minnesota state seal[edit]

About PD-US, true :-) (although PD-Old and PD-US-not_renewed handle the other usual cases). Technically, federal government works never had any copyright so there was nothing to expire in the first place, so I think PD-USGov is a separate case. In any event, it is more widely applicable so it's preferable. State seal images are not inherently public domain I don't think -- different authors can have different interpretations which are arguably copyrightable; just look at the difference between the embassy version and the old revision taken from the Minnesota state web site. Since the {{US state seal}} template is specifically for tags from that US embassy website, I think it should include the PD-USGov-DOS tag (embassies are part of the State Department) and probably {{insignia}} too (although the existing note about state laws having further restrictions is more specific and maybe preferable). Anyways, no big deal :-) Carl Lindberg 21:12, 5 August 2007 (UTC)


Image:GeoreOrwell.jpg[edit]

Image deletion warning Image:GeoreOrwell.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.

If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. If the file is up for deletion because it has been superseded by a superior derivative of your work, consider the notion that although the file may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new file.
In all cases, please do not take the deletion request personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you!

Afrikaans | العربية | বাংলা | Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | Català | Čeština | Dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | עברית | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Íslenska | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Македонски | മലയാളം | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | Norsk nynorsk | Norsk bokmål | Occitan | Polski | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Русский | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | Shqip | Српски / srpski | Svenska | Türkçe | українська | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−

Chanueting 04:16, 6 August 2007 (UTC)

  • I am not the original uploader. Notifying me and not him is not appropriate. -Nard 05:52, 6 August 2007 (UTC)

Bill Gates mugshot[edit]

Hi. Sorry I didn't notify you re the upload. I speedy deleted it as I recalled the same image deleted as a copyright problem on en:Wikipedia 2 years ago, and the listed source offered no support for the licence. I left a more detailed comment at Commons:Undeletion requests/Current requests. Cheers, -- Infrogmation 13:03, 6 August 2007 (UTC)

Thanks for the explanation. I think the PD-art tag is inapproriate, but from what you write PD-US-no_licence sounds appropirate. What do you think about undeleting, changing the licence to PD-US-no_licence, and including a brief explanation on the order of what you wrote at Undeletion requests? Cheers, -- Infrogmation 21:41, 6 August 2007 (UTC)


siebrand me manda a ti[edit]

A ver, os pasais la pelota unos a otros, y ahora no se porque no me deja registrarme, pero soy roxer, la autora de la foto Image:Anouk_teeuwe_in_dauwpop.jpg, que siebrand borró, supuestamente porque tu le dijiste que la borrara, sino lee su comentario en su usertalk. Estoy un poco cansada de repetir que esa foto la hice yo, en Hellendoorn, holanda, el 25 de mayo de 2006, en mi luna de miel (si ya de paso os puedo contar mi vida...)que la subi y en su momento, no hubo ningun problema, y ahora sin decir nada, me encuentro con que la habeis borrado porque he violado una ley ..... cual? Tenia que pedirla permiso a anouk para hacer la foto? debia abandonar mis fotos en holanda al pasar la frontera? Porque es la 3º vez que explico mi caso? Es que es muy fuerte... en vez de preguntar, mejor borrar, no? Pues a ver que me comentas que me pueda alegrar el dia, porque creo que no he violado ninguna ley.. o quizá si, y la SGAE me lleve a la carcel.... En fin, tanto ironizar, solo quiero una respuesta del porque.

--roxer 20:16, 14 August 2007

Image:Mohammed kaaba 1315.jpg[edit]

I had it being replaced by its duplicate, which I forgot to tag as duplicate. -- Bryan (talk to me) 07:53, 17 August 2007 (UTC)


Sorry[edit]

Are you Bryan? but the issue is about policies, this is Wiki but there are laws and there are publics as children who needs good information, are you accepting this behavior here in commons yes or not? that is a user page, I am not going to change user's pages -JohnManuel 02:15, 25 November 2007 (UTC)

Thank you for you answer, I will check other changes but I will need your guidance, are you an administrator? And I don't understand, are you Bryan? if so why are you writing from this page, can you explain this too? thanks. -John Manuel 02:27, 25 November 2007 (UTC)
I am not an administrator nor am I Bryan. I use the watchlist feature (top right of the screen) to monitor pages of interest to me, including Bryan's talk page. There is no reason I can't join your conversation if I wish, that's the idea of a wiki, lots of people can collaborate and join together. :) I just happened to be online before him. -Nard 02:31, 25 November 2007 (UTC)
It is altogether fine, but Wiki is not equal than Wikipedia or Commons, bear that in mind there are policies. Vandalism is not equal a good will and faith, as contribution is not equal a intrusion. Well now do the best you can as I running out of time it was a pleasure to have interacted with a contributor. -JohnManuel 03:42, 25 November 2007 (UTC)

Dita[edit]

Hi. See User talk:Byoudou. Do you have reason to think that the anon who changed the license was the uploader? If you have a question about an edit of mine, please ask. Thanks, -- Infrogmation 03:48, 14 December 2007 (UTC)

Imagem-Wiki.png[edit]

¡Holá! Gracias por tu mensaje. Yá entré en la votación y dejé mi explicación. Un saludo. Alex Pereiradisc 11:02, 14 December 2007 (UTC)

Italian government[edit]

Hallo, I am interested in the rule about the 20 years duration of the works by the Italian govenrment you cite in one deletion request. Could you please tell me where do I find this rule? Than you. As an Italian I am rather interested in it. --User:G.dallorto 16:21, 20 December 2007 (UTC)

  • See Template:PD-ItalyGov and the associated talk page. The Italian law actually covers works by non-profits and cultural associations as well, but current compromise on Commons appears to be to only apply the rule to government works, as the Italian government may not be complying with European directives by not allowing other groups to have their due copyright, but is certainly allowed to waive its own. (I personally believe if something is a condition of doing business, ie you apply for tax-exempt status, you agree to certain restrictions on how you do business, then the government is free to impose these restrictions on you). -Nard 16:24, 20 December 2007 (UTC)

image:hymen[edit]

hye, why want you delete my image of hymen? Izmaelt 20:06, 20 December 2007 (UTC)

  • The nomination speaks for itself. -Nard 20:16, 20 December 2007 (UTC)
    • yeah, but all rights are ok, not?Izmaelt 08:12, 21 December 2007 (UTC)

Authographs[edit]

OK. I just didn't know that signatures are not copyrighted. --Botev 01:16, 21 December 2007 (UTC)

Image:15.Picasso Minotaur Moving.jpg[edit]

Oops, sorry, I mistook the 1936 for his year of death...m'bad. Anyways, it's been deleted now. Sorry for the inconvenience, Giggy 07:30, 21 December 2007 (UTC)

Caution...[edit]

There was no need for this. Please have caution... --Boricuæddie 03:24, 24 December 2007 (UTC)

Yeah, what was that for? 哦,是吗?(O-person) 03:39, 24 December 2007 (GMT)
Sorry I was a bit peeved. I'll behave. -Nard 19:23, 24 December 2007 (UTC)

"vandal"[edit]

Hello. With regards to this remark, I would suggest that you do not call another user "a vandal". Vandalism accusations are bad for the climate on the wiki and make constructive discussion more difficult. RedCoat 19:01, 24 December 2007 (UTC)

  • The user admits sockpuppetry and has accused several hard working administrators of being vandals. He is the vandal. I do not apologize for the comment. -Nard 19:23, 24 December 2007 (UTC)
He may well be a vandal, but throwing it in his face is unconstructive. Two wrongs don't make a right. RedCoat 19:27, 24 December 2007 (UTC)

RadsWiki and others[edit]

Hi. What is the source of your knowledge that images from RadsWiki.net doesn't own it's content? I thought that in such cases, copyright owner is mentioned (such like here). I mailed RadsWiki today and I'm waiting for explanation. Other deletion requests are images from BioMedCentral (on cc-by-2.0 licence; see [1]) and even my own work (Image:Harlequin ichthyosis.svg). The idea comes from cited source, but these images are completely different. Warmest regards, Filip em 12:12, 25 December 2007 (UTC)

Deble.png[edit]

Dear Sir,

I am the author of the audiovisuel encyclopedia and I have sent to wikipedia all the agreement from myself and from the artist for using the image.

I have sent all proof of autortisations to:

Permissions - Wikimedia Commons [permissions-commons@wikimedia.org]


Please, give me informations if i have another action to do for this agreement .

Sorry, i am french and spek bad english. --Pantalaskas 08:51, 31 December 2007 (UTC)


Image:Crappy_Tire_Enterance_ne.JPG[edit]

Image deletion warning Image:Crappy_Tire_Enterance_ne.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.

If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
In all cases, please do not take the deletion request personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you!

Afrikaans | العربية | বাংলা | Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | Català | Čeština | Dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | עברית | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Íslenska | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Македонски | മലയാളം | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | Norsk nynorsk | Norsk bokmål | Occitan | Polski | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Русский | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | Shqip | Српски / srpski | Svenska | Türkçe | українська | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−

-Nard 15:21, 31 December 2007 (UTC)

Image:Coffee.jpg[edit]

All the appropriate and correct materials have been found and credited on the image I uploaded so the deletion request should be lifted. WayneRay 21:12, 31 December 2007 (UTC)WayneRay

Image:Wikinews year overview 2007 animated.gif[edit]

Hi,

I knew this was a difficult one myself so I would've probably nominated it myself, but I knew it had to be okay because the constituent images are all free... anyway thanks for the nice way you solved this.

--Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 18:58, 2 January 2008 (UTC)

    • My fault! Thanks for being kind back :) -Nard 19:09, 2 January 2008 (UTC)

Concerning the comment that break the page[edit]

Apologies for this comment causing such damage to your page..

I don't consider issues surrounding sourcing and licensing to be 'stupid', but thanks for the heads up. In any case having seen your response I am inclined to agree with the viewpoint expressed. 62.56.75.239 22:51, 2 January 2008 (UTC)

Image:Clock_underconstruction.svg deletion request[edit]

Hi,
I removed the first speedy tag yesterday as I thought that a broken image should not just be deleted, but could simply reuploaded. I admit that I may have been more explicit by dropping a note to your talk page (or to the talk page of the speedy requester), instead of just commenting my action in the edit comment box...
As you may have noticed, after your message on User talk:Spoladore, this user decided to request a speedy deleting on his own, so I'll delete the image. However, I'll not consider it as a duplicate of the png version, as svg and png are significantly different.
I hope I didn't harm in any way!
Best regards from France,
-- AlNo (discuter/talk/hablar/falar) 09:18, 4 January 2008 (UTC)

Sir,[edit]

Regarding this: I understand, many people probably think (and from what people have said to me, I know that many do) that I am faking my age and that I am a creepy stalker releasing pictures and information of kids. However I think that COPPA is a load of shit, and I will defend my right to speak my mind. I don't know if you know, but my real last name is not Freeman. What I would agree to is to delete my page and then restore the current versio so my real last name isn't shown in the diffs. -IonasFreeman 19:01, 5 January 2008 (UTC)

  • Put that on the deletion page then, not here. Incidentally who you really are shouldn't matter, in fact it's preferable to be anonymous on the net. You could just stop claiming to be a kid, then having to prove it wouldn't be necessary. -Nard 19:04, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
Regarding your comments at Village Pump: That picture was when I was ten. I am eleven now. -IonasFreeman 19:06, 5 January 2008 (UTC)

Commons:Deletion requests/Image:SpanishFortParkMap1913.jpg[edit]

Hi. I'm wondering why, given what I think is the pretty obvious PD-US status of the image, your response to some apparent problem with the intermediate web source was that the image should be deleted rather than asking me about it first? Wondering simply, Cheers, -- Infrogmation 02:42, 9 January 2008 (UTC)

  • It is (reasonably) PD by virtue of all of those :P Should have looked at who uploaded it. -Nard 02:48, 9 January 2008 (UTC)

Image Tagging Image:SopraninoSax.jpg[edit]


I wrote what follows to the author (Jay C. Easton):

Greetings. My name is Alessandro Forghieri and I am an amateur alto sax (and flute) player from
Italy, and a sometime contributor to the italian and english wikipedia, especially for jazz/music  
related information.
A few months back, I used saxophone pictures from the previous version of your site to illustrate  
several articles (in several languages) about instruments of the saxophone family. In the process, I   
also moved them from en.wikipedia (where they had been stored originally) to wikimedia  (the shared 
media site of wikipedia.org) thereby becoming their maintainer. At the time of the uploading, the 
pictures were tagged with this sentence:
"The photo is copyrighted but allows free use if credit is given to the photographer and my website,  
http://www.jayeaston.com/. 
Also, spiffing up the contrast/cropping is fine by me - anything to make the horns look good!
You have my permission (under the same terms) to use photos of my Tubax, mezzo-soprano, curved  
sopranino, straight tenor, straight baritone, contrabass, and/or bass saxes if any of them would be 
helpful to you.
Many of these are not on my site yet, but will be within the next several days. (I'm working on a  
site update with some new content.)
All the best,
Jay
www.jayeaston.com"
The above sentence has since disappeared and the images have therefore been slated for deletion from 
the wikipedia sites, unless an adequate copyleft statement is provided by the author. I am no  
licensing expert ( actually the endless copyright quandaries have greatly reduced my wikipedia  
involvment: I currently just maintain the articles I wrote/contributed to), so I will not try to 
explain the various licensing options, not least because they are in constant flux. The "attribution  
sharealike" license that has tagged your images to date, however, reads as follows:
"The copyright holder of this file allows anyone to use it for any purpose, provided that the  
copyright holder is properly attributed. Redistribution, derivative work, commercial use, and all  
other use is permitted."
If you intend to grant permission for the use of your images on wikipedia, you should therefore 
either provide a suitable webpage with suitable license information or simply reply to this letter 
granting permission: I will forward it to the wikipedia permissions mailox (and copy you the 
results). If, on the other hand, you wish to withdraw permission,  just express your intention and I  
will tag all your other images for deletion fom wikipedia and replace them with links to your site  
(it goes without saying that this would be a pity - some of your insturments are so rare, not to  
mention beautiful).
This is a list of the images and their usage:
   * SopraninoSax.jpg SopraninoSax.jpg (usage)
     SopraninoSax2.jpg SopraninoSax2.jpg (usage)
   * B-flatSubcontrabassTubax.jpg B-flatSubcontrabassTubax.jpg(usage)
   * JayCEastonSaxFamily.jpg‎
   * Straigh saxes


Thanks for your time and for maintaining such an informative and fun site.
Best regards,
Alessandro Forghieri
Cheers, --212.115.64.101 09:21, 9 January 2008 (UTC)

The reply of the copyright owner, OTRS' reply and my own goodbye to this useless project.[edit]

FYI, this is what Jay Easton (copyright owner) replied to my message, and what OTRS had to say about it. Also appended is my reply - after which, go ahead and delete anything you please. This project is a useless waste of everybody's time. I am ashamed I got to the point to annoy actual people with actual lives by emailing them with requests about permissions on commons. Cheers --Alien life form 14:39, 13 January 2008 (UTC)

-------- Original Message --------
> Subject:  RE: Pictures from your site on wikipedia.
> Date:  Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:12:56 -0800
> From:  Jay and Adrienne Easton <jay@jayeaston.com>
> Reply-To:  <jay@jayeaston.com>
> To:  'Alessandro Forghieri' <alf@orion.it>
> 
> 
> 
> Hi Alessandro,
>  
> Thank you for your note. As copyright holder of the five images below, 
> I hereby grant permission for the use of these files on Wikipedia. If 
> you require any other information, I am glad to provide it.
>  
> All the best,
> 
> Jay Easton
> _www.northstarholistic.com_ <http://www.northstarholistic.com/>
> _www.jayeaston.com_ <http://www.jayeaston.com/>
>  

OTRS:

As this image is hosted on Wikimedia Commons, it requires the owner of the image to provide a specific release of the image under a suitably free license (such as certain Creative Commons licenses or the GFDL). If you do this, then your content may be used on Wikipedia. I'm afraid that "permission to use on Wikipedia" is not adequate enough.

Thank you for your understanding! Please see <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Licensing> for more information. If you require a sample email, you may visit <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Email_templates>.

Yours sincerely, Avi Isaacson


My reply (final):

My understanding is basically over. With this note, you made it clear that the wp licensing bureaucracy beats easily any Kafkaesque nightmare (as in "The Castle"). I am sure that, to you, this comes down as a compliment and that is all the more unfortunate. This opinion I will voice in any relevant public forum and whenever asked my opinion about wp (which will sum up as "Do not waste your time contributing to it, masturbation is a more productive option") Do with the images as you friggin' please, and congratulations for turning a wp-contributor into a wp foe.


I hope not to hear from you and your likes, ever again. Best regards,

Alessandro Forghieri

Image:Outhouse_using.jpg + Image:Outhouse_using_2.jpg[edit]

It wasn't my intention to brake the will of the author of these photos. It was my mistake or the autor have changed the licence. So you can delete the photos. Regards Elektron 09:34, 9 January 2008 (UTC)

Image:Kardeshlek_logo.gif[edit]

don't understand the reason for a deletion warning the picture is a logo of the Kardeshlek students organization, how should i write its atributes or copyrigth properties?

Image:Samsung-P2.jpg[edit]

Hi, I don't understand the deletion request. There are pics of other PMPs stored at commons, too. E.g. Image:Image-IPod_5G,_nano_2G,_shuffle_2G.jpg. So, why are this and also Image:SamsungZ5.jpg proposed for deletion? Greetz Marc

  • Nominate the other image for deletion if you like. I believe the Samsung screen has elements of copyrightability. -Nard 02:09, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
  • The P2 screen might have the needed level of creativity to be protected, but the Z5 screen is just text with a semi transparent blue and a photo, that i took, background. This isn't enough for a copyright by samsung. i'll make a new version of p2 with a screen that shows just one photo (taken by myself).--Marc Schuelper 12:43, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
  • so I've just uploaded a new version of the P2, with a inage of my own a background, so you can close the deletion request Samsung-P2.jpg--Marc Schuelper 13:03, 12 January 2008 (UTC)

Image:LisaGerrardParis07.jpg[edit]

I'm writng in regards of Image:LisaGerrardParis07.jpg. I don't understand why I need permission to use my own work. What more do I have to prevent the image from being deleted?

Glitter1959 18:31, 9 January 2008 (UTC)Glitter1959

It's flickr, but have a close look at the licence at flickr - it's "all rights reserved" --Marc Schuelper 18:39, 9 January 2008 (UTC)


I just saw that. That's why the image kept on failing. I changed it on the flickr page and waiting for the image to be re-reviewed again. Thanks Marc.

Glitter1959 23:09, 9 January 2008 (UTC)Glitter1959

Image:Favignana-Stemma.png[edit]

I can't understand why you say I haven't given any permission information. I clearly put a link to the it.wikipedia page where one of the owners of www.araldicacivica.it sent his permission to use on wikipedia the material of his site, with the only request to write the name(s) of the designer(s). --Gian- 00:11, 10 January 2008 (UTC)

Image:Straight saxes.jpg[edit]

Hi there, and thanks for pointing out the issue with this image. The permission for this image is the same as for all the other images from Jay Easton's website (Special:Search/Jay Easton will pick them all up). As you guess I don't spend very much time here, so how exactly do I go about this? Happy-melon 15:18, 11 January 2008 (UTC)

  • It's ok, I reverted myself. The best way to make sure nobody ever questions it is to find his original permission that was posted on his site. http://web.archive.org can be useful for this purpose. Or you could email him and ask. -Nard 21:21, 11 January 2008 (UTC)

LOC template[edit]

I'll try to use it, thanks. Durova 05:32, 12 January 2008 (UTC)

Re: Image Tagging Image:Zac_Efron_2007.jpg[edit]

Howcome you removed the OTRS system tag? The appropriate permissions have already been sent to the OTRS system and there was verification by a user with OTRS access. --Dan LeveilleTALK 21:37, 13 January 2008 (UTC)

  • Sorry. I think I ran my no permission script on an earlier version of the page, which reverted back to that version and then slapped on the no permission template. -Nard 21:41, 13 January 2008 (UTC)

what Romance ?[edit]

Are these romance languages that you read languages that use the Roman Latin alphabet (e.g. German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portugese, Sweedish, etc.)? Jecowa 05:24, 14 January 2008 (UTC)

  • Consider it a .5 level in them, yes :) -Nard 11:23, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
Wow. Jecowa 18:08, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
.5 is less than 1 :P -Nard 22:02, 24 January 2008 (UTC)

Image:Braulinski W.jpg & Image:Zaleski R.jpg[edit]

hello, those fotos were made in a public place (the external wall of cemetery: [2]). I've changed their licence for {{PD-PRL}} because this "place of memory" (as Poles call this place) was made long time ago. I've also mend their quality. Zuska 12:20, 14 January 2008 (UTC)

  • Thank you. These are perfectly legal pictures. I will close the deletion request. -Nard 22:58, 14 January 2008 (UTC)

Empty pages[edit]

Hello N!

I don't think it would be wise to delete scans of empty pages. It is not clearly specified at Category:De Wikisource book, but we need those pages in order to create our projects comprehensibly. I'd appreciate it if you would revoke your nomination for deletion.

Yours, Wikisource-logo.png Jonathan Groß Wikipedia-logo.png 23:15, 21 January 2008 (UTC)

I'd also appreciate an answer. Wikisource-logo.png Jonathan Groß Wikipedia-logo.png 13:19, 24 January 2008 (UTC)

  • If they do fall inside project scope the closing admin will decide. I am not sure they do. -Nard 17:24, 24 January 2008 (UTC)

[edit]

Hi there,

you recently tagged Basics Logo for speedy deletion, and i don't understand why, as it is there under fair use as a logo, therefore doesn't need permission?

If you are able to enlighten me, that would be great! 86.139.27.192 18:44, 22 January 2008 (UTC)

Email[edit]

Sent one. Majorly (talk) 21:15, 24 January 2008 (UTC)

Got one :) -Nard 22:02, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
It's up! Commons:Administrators/Requests and votes/N. Good luck! Majorly (talk) 23:39, 24 January 2008 (UTC)


I have screenshot license concern confusion[edit]

Is it that the two images that are open at the same time on my desktop have incompatible licenses?

If this is a problem on my desktop, can those images appear on the same html page then? It is all just formated pixels -- html being a slightly simpler formating language than software gui, but lately not as different as you might think.

I am confused more than eager to aggressively defend the screenshots existence here -- possibly because my aggressive nature got tired while playing space invaders with clone tool idiots :) -- carol 19:53, 26 January 2008 (UTC)

The image has full permission from me.

Just an idea..[edit]

Instead of tagging for deletion left and right why don't you help me correct them.--Hornetman16 (talk) 03:31, 27 January 2008 (UTC)

The images are copyvios. -Nard 20:32, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
Everything is a copyvio to you...even when it isn't and can't be...Like the ones you nominated for deletion.--Hornetman16 (talk) 04:27, 28 January 2008 (UTC)

Hint[edit]

For picture Image:Laslovo_priznanje_za_rad_na_Vikipediji.jpg, here is hint and proof that is free to use:

  1. 1 Earth Clipart

Free globe clipart featuring spinning animations, still images of Earth and the old fashioned destop globes.

  1. 2 Please don't link directly to our clipart, download the graphics and upload them to your own website or use a free image host. If you like this clipart and use it, please link to us.

All this is on first and main page, THAT MEANS THE PICTURE IS FREE TO USE!!! Thanks----László (talk) 13:30, 27 January 2008 (UTC)

Thanks for help----László (talk) 00:59, 28 January 2008 (UTC)

Magic 8 ball[edit]

Hi

I don't really know what I am supposed to do now. I took that picture of that Magic 8 ball right here in my room. What more can say about the license? --ChristianHeldt 19:50, 27 January 2008 (UTC)

  • Change the license to pd-self instead of pd-ineligible. -Nard 20:31, 27 January 2008 (UTC)

EuroCity.png[edit]

Would it be ok to add the {{Trademarked}} license? Siegele Roland 13:20, 29 January 2008 (UTC)

Thank you. Siegele Roland 12:26, 30 January 2008 (UTC)

Your Request for Adminship was not successful[edit]

Thank you for volunteering to serve the community. It became clear that your request was not going to achieve consensus so I have closed it, in accordance with the emails we exchanged. I'm sorry things did not work out. As I said in the close, I hope you continue to stay involved in the community and perhaps, after gaining some more experience, consider volunteering again. Commons is a very neat place, I like it very much... it's not like other wikis. Again, thanks, and I wish you all the best. ++Lar: t/c 02:45, 30 January 2008 (UTC)

Image:Poster11.jpg[edit]

Before revision read carefull, what is written in Template:PD-Russia. This work can or cann't be PD in Russia, but it's not PD in USA because it wasn't in PD on Jan.1, 1996 in Russia. Alex Spade 15:44, 31 January 2008 (UTC)

Please stop put tags, I have permission[edit]

I have Lavelk's permission because I know him. If you want to put a tag, please put it on a single image of the series as other admins do. Bye. --Nyo 19:11, 18 February 2008 (UTC)

Anti-Communism?[edit]

Can you stop ask deletion of pictures depicting Communist leaders? Your anti-Communist POV shouldn't be relevant here. Those pictures are not copyviols because they're old. --Nyo 19:17, 18 February 2008 (UTC)

  • I'm not pushing a POV. I'm enforcing Common's copyright rules. Understand them and use them. -Nard 19:19, 18 February 2008 (UTC)

Stop deleting Che Image[edit]

There is legal justification provided. The Image is NOT COPYRIGHTED. I have provided you a link to the law with the image. There are several justifications that could be used here (PD, fair use) etc. You are overtly bias and will be reported to moderators if you continue. Now go find another hobby other than vandalizing pages by deleting images with proper citation.--Redthoreau 19:52, 18 February 2008 (UTC)