User talk:Natural RX
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
The image File:Piers Sellers spacewalk.jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Piers Sellers spacewalk.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Natural RX!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Amir Attaran H1N1 conference.png was uncategorized on 8 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:00, 9 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Fathom Five Park escarpment.jpg was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:16, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:GO Transit service area.png was uncategorized on 20 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:17, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Union-Pearson track dwg.png was uncategorized on 8 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:54, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Big Move Logo.png was uncategorized on 15 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:56, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
Further modifications are needed: Move the source images to the source field in the infobox. You have to name the authors (not the uploaders to Commons if sourced to Flickr) and the original license they were released under. (file:xxx.jpg by user:xxx with cc-by-sa-2.0 or similar) Replace the license tag self|cc-by-sa-3.0 with just cc-by-sa-3.0 as the images are not your own work (you just slapped them together). In the current state it's a copyright violation due to missing author attribution. --Denniss (talk) 00:48, 23 October 2011 (UTC)
|Hello, Natural RX. You have new messages at Useddenim's talk page.
|File:FSB header.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.