Welcome to my Wikimedia Commons user talk page. I contribute mostly on the English Wikipedia, however I have recently taken an interest in tinkering around on Commons. Please feel free to leave me a message here or email me if you have any comments, concerns, or questions about my contributions. If your comment is related to my work on the English Wikipedia, please visit my user talk page there. Cheers!
Fotos de jugadores de fútbol de Argentina
Estás equivocado. Esas fotos fueron tomadas para medios de comunicación argentinos, son de la Revista El Gráfico, de Argentina, y ya han pasado más de 25 años desde su publicación. Deberías dedicarte a construir en vez de destruir. You are totally wrong. If you don´t understand my post, please tell me and I will try to explain in english, but my language is spanish and I woluld like to discuss in spanish. --Juanmariolakd (talk) 23:25, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
- All of those photos were taken by an argentine media (Revista El Gráfico, a legendary magazine that started in 1919 in Argentina) so it has passed more than 25 years since they were published in Argentina. Please try to build not to destroy! --Juanmariolakd (talk) 23:36, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
About File:Popn music Carnival logo.svg
- Copied the below from my Wikipedia user talk page to keep this in one place --Nick (talk) 03:41, 29 July 2015 (UTC)
- Hola. ¿Por qué el logo que hice lo plantilleteó para su eliminación rápida? Me basé en la imagen original para hacer esa versión en .svg. Juro que antes sí subí imágenes que sí infirngían los problemas de copyright, pero fue por desconocmiento y era muy novato. i made the vector on adobe illustrator and it took me about 3 days. That's really necesary?--VíctorPines • 02:51, 29 July 2015 (UTC)
- @VictorPines: Hola, gracias por su mensaje. La imagen que creó sería llamado un "trabajo derivado" porque es derivado del logo oficial de Pop N Music. Por eso, la imagen .svg tiene el mismo estado legal como el original. El logo oficial de Pop N Music tiene protecciones de copyright y, entonces, la imagen creado por usted no es "libre" para usar aquí en Commons. --Nick (talk) 03:41, 29 July 2015 (UTC)
Nick you have a problem with the Hotcopper logo yet people can put the Mcdonalds logo up with no problem - what is the difference?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/83/Hotcopper.jpg/360px-Hotcopper.jpg — Preceding unsigned comment added by Tonyc9 (talk • contribs) 13:30, 17 January 2016 (UTC)
- @Tonyc9: Hi. The issue with that logo is that it is above the threshold of originality, meaning that it is complex enough to be subject to copyright. This is opposed to McDonald's arches in that the arches are very simple geometric shapes that can't be copyrighted due to their simplicity. You can use the logo on the English Wikipedia, where you'll need to upload it under a claim of fair use. Copyrighted fair use images are allowed locally on Wikipedia, but not here on the Commons, where only freely licensed files are allowed. See en:WP:NFC for Wikipedia's guidelines on uploading non-free content under a fair use claim. Cheers, Nick (talk) 17:20, 17 January 2016 (UTC)
About those pics
Hello there. Can you check this pictures? I'm afraid those might have copyright:
- @VictorPines: Sorry for the 2 month delay, I was on a bit of a break. I've nominated four files for speedy deletion and the rest of the uploads by this user for regular deletion at Commons:Deletion requests/Files in Category:Perla Beltrán. Cheers, Nick (talk) 16:51, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
Your VFC installation method is deprecated
Hello NickW557, we are aware that using the old installation method of VFC (via common.js, which you are using) may not work reliably anymore and can break other scripts as well. A detailed explanation can be found here. Important: To prevent problems please remove the old VFC installation code from your common.js and instead in your preferences. Thanks! --VFC devs (q) 16:23, 22 May 2017 (UTC)