Thank you for providing images to the commons. Please keep in mind that images and other files on the commons must be under a free license and should be useful to the Wikimedia projects. To allow others to use your files, some additional information must be given on the description page. Most importantly:
- Describe what it is about in a short sentence. (What does the image show?)
- State the author and the date of creation. If you made it yourself, say so explicitly. If it is from another Wikipedia user, link to the person's local user page.
- If you did not create the file yourself, state the source you got it from.
- Add a copyright tag - images without an appropriate license tag will be deleted.
- Add the image to one or more gallery pages and/or appropriate categories, so it can be found by others.
If you copied the file from another wiki, please copy all information given there and say who uploaded it to that wiki.
Please add as much information as possible. If there is not sufficient information, the file may have to be deleted. For more information, have a look at Commons:Licensing, Commons:Criteria for inclusion and the Community Portal. If you need help or have questions, please ask at the Village pump. Thank you. -- Duesentrieb(?!) 12:22, 17 October 2005 (UTC)
Wilderness Road file
Nikater, I wanted to point out a minor error in your Wilderness Road file. The river at bottom-right you labeled as the Catawba River is actually the Yadkin River, part of the Yadkin-Pee Dee River. And I'm curious to know where Morganton came from. Morganton is a modern city on the Catawba river, which is further south than what is depicted in your map. Just a suggestion that you relabel it - unless you believe I am wrong here/ 188.8.131.52 18:39, 17 July 2014 (UTC)
Hi Nikater, I wanted to ask you about the File:Nezperce01.png that you created. What is the source of the extension of the "Ehemaliges Stammesgebiet"? And is that identical with the extension of the 1855 reservation? Or is is an approximation of what their original territory was like prior to the creation of a reservation?--Maunus (talk) 17:46, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
Say, the map you created here has several rivers mislabeled - the ones tagged "Flathead River" and "Little Missouri River" are totally wrong, there are also major rivers not noted. Can you fix the map, perhaps in line with a better source? Montanabw (talk) 07:31, 30 July 2015 (UTC)