|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 00:31, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:06, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Georgia Counties.gif is uncategorized since 15 April 2009.
- Image:L'Abergement-Clémenciat, France Population.jpg is uncategorized since 26 April 2009.
- Image:Rpotdlogo.png is uncategorized since 12 July 2009.
- Image:Wikiquizlogo.png was uncategorized on 8 December 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:53, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
TUSC token ba381908607799963074639e92e4e872
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
|File:I4begin.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.